Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Duvalays?

LesleyAnne

LesleyAnne

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We are the proud owners of a new California as of last week. We are new to Cali camping and indeed to camping generally. In our quest for comfort and practicality, can anyone help us to decide whether to purchase Duvalays or mattress toppers plus normal quilt? Also, do the standard Duvalays fit ok in the California or do we need to get the narrower tailor made ones through Campervantastic?

I can't comment on other products but I got the Cali shaped Duvalay for the downstairs bed which I use with a double sleeping bag. My daughter just has the ordinary mattress upstairs but sometimes comes to join me downstairs. I fold it over a couple of times and it sits on the back shelf. I got the 2" one but you can get other things or thicknesses. Lots of people on here have the Comfortz ones. Mine was a distress purchase ie picked up Cali, went camping within 48 hours. Slept 1 night without an extra mattress...ok but a bit overly firm for me so got the Duvalay the next day.
Zebedee

LesleyAnne said:
We are the proud owners of a new California as of last week. We are new to Cali camping and indeed to camping generally. In our quest for comfort and practicality, can anyone help us to decide whether to purchase Duvalays or mattress toppers plus normal quilt? Also, do the standard Duvalays fit ok in the California or do we need to get the narrower tailor made ones through cvt?

I'm also wondering about buying one. Am hesitating though as I'm not sure whether to go for the basic 2.5cm one or the 4cm one and also have read that the memory foam can get hot in the summer.

I am also considering the Zonesleep as an alternative.

We have tried various options; we tried and rejected Duvalay as we prefer to have the freedom to uncover on either side and the Duvalay only opens on one side (but 50% better than a sleeping bag!). Also we generally prefer not memory foam as we do find it a bit warm. We tried a single quilt under but that tends to move about, also a double quilt tucked in but that is a bit of a fiddle. We now have a Zonesleep which looks good but we haven't yet tried.

Larkrise said:
We have tried various options; we tried and rejected Duvalay as we prefer to have the freedom to uncover on either side and the Duvalay only opens on one side (but 50% better than a sleeping bag!). Also we generally prefer not memory foam as we do find it a bit warm. We tried a single quilt under but that tends to move about, also a double quilt tucked in but that is a bit of a fiddle. We now have a Zonesleep which looks good but we haven't yet tried.

Thanks 'Larkrise'

We stupidly purchased Duvalays before we found this forum at one of the motorhome shows but we found the width far too small as you felt restricted when sleeping( if two people sleeping next to one another) We ended up with a zonesleep topper and Duvet which is much better in my opion and also takes up less room to store.
As we purchased our duvalays at a show we got 25% discount so we sold them on Ebay for the same price as what we purchased them for. ;)

We bought our Duvalays direct and they were happy to take them back after we had tried them.

We went for the Zonesleep for the lower bed and have found it very good.

Alan

i ordered 2 of the exped megamats, not got our cali beach yet but tried it out on a wooden floor and its awesome. two joined together is the exact width of the downstairs 3 seater bench apparently.

an added bonus is they self inflate and deflate so i plan to deflate them and leave them on top of the mattress in the roof so no storage issues!

Back