Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DVLA delays in registering vehicle

Any progress???
Not a lot, dealer has spoken to DVLA to chase the registrations, apparently awaiting 11, DVLA will get back to them today/tomorrow.

Not a lot, dealer has spoken to DVLA to chase the registrations, apparently awaiting 11, DVLA will get back to them today/tomorrow.
Hi,
Which dealer are you with, I'm at JCT in Sheffield.

So am I...........

We are picking up our Hymer Campervan tomorrow (was touch and go earlier this week) so obviously some DVLA applications are being actioned. Fingers crossed your calis get sorted soon
It’s not that silver one at travel world is it ?
With the lovely tan leather

If you don't mind me asking, when did you buy your Hymer? I'm just trying to put the wait in context with my own. I purchased my Cali on the 20th May.

Andy
We bought on June 1st so slightly after you. Hopefully you will hear soon

My new T6.1 Ocean has been sat at the dealers since before lockdown and so I'm told cannot be registered online with DVLA and therefore, due to the new VED rates, must be registered by sending a V55 to DVLA via snail mail. The V55, so I'm told by the dealer, was sent to DVLA weeks ago but so far no registration docs have been received back. Is anyone else suffering from this delay? Does anyone know if their new T6.1 has been registered online post the opening up of car showrooms?
I am having a problem understanding this. Years ago in the days before online registration you could go into a dealers buy a new car and drive it away you didn't have to wait for the documentation to come back. just before lockdown I bought a new Golf, the on line registration was completed whilst we sat in the showroom and we drove it away immediately and received the V5 some days later. So why do you have to wait for the V5 to come back when it is done by post. Its not as if you need tax disc these days either. So if the V55 has been submitted and the money paid to DVLA why is the dealer holding on to the vehicle?

The problem is that the DVLA building does not suit social distancing and therefore they are running short staffed and whilst they may have received the V55 they have not processed it. If you go onto the DVLA website to check if the vehicle is taxed it comes up as "vehicle not recognised" so not registered yet hence the dealer won't release the vehicle. Doesn't come up on police ANPR system either as they feed off DVLA. I know that DVLA has received the form as they have confirmed that with the dealer, my query is did they fill the form out correctly hence DVLA haven't processed it or are they still being slow? Will be chasing the dealer again on Monday for an update. The reason for the need to send the V55 is as I mentioned above their computer system won't let the dealer register a motorhome yet!

Your new T6.1, could you please confirm what your first year's rate of VED was? Was it £1,815 plus the £55 first reg fee? I also assume that you will pay £475 for the next 5 years? Thank you!

It’s not that silver one at travel world is it ?
With the lovely tan leather
Your new T6.1, could you please confirm what your first year's rate of VED was? Was it £1,815 plus the £55 first reg fee? I also assume that you will pay £475 for the next 5 years? Thank you!

Update: 1st years VED £270, hurray!,
Registration fee £55, happy with that,
Picking up van, maybe tomorrow.........., might be hurray,
All DVLA queries have been resolved so actual registration is imminent............... I keep checking the website but not complete yet

I was told today by a dealer, that the current delay with DVLA registrations he was experiencing is approximately 10 days.

Hi Subthree, have you any news when yours will be delivered to the stealers.

Last edited:
Hi
It was £1450 from memory
And £450 a year then after 5yrs it reduces to about £150 per year so I’m told ?
I won’t have it in 5 years though

Hi Subthree, have you any when yours will be delivered to the stealers.
It is meant to be on an urgent delivery but it arrived at Sheerness last Tuesday and still no date for delivery to dealer.

Hi
It was £1450 from memory
And £450 a year then after 5yrs it reduces to about £150 per year so I’m told ?
I won’t have it in 5 years though
Thank you.

Spoke to the dealer today and they have now realised that there are indeed delays with the DVLA in registering as a motorhome via a paper form. Quite frankly we have had enough after the last 11 months and just want our van. We don't want to wait another month whilst the DVLA sort their life out. He said he had another customer who just registered their 6.1 at the old higher rate, what you paid, as it gets registered with the DVLA online instantly.

He said we could do this and then if we wanted to try and re-register it as the new lower rate we could. No idea how successful this might be but I am seriously considering this as we are going to France in 5 weeks on the basis we have the van.

Anyone got an idea how painful to change the vehicle classification because "the dealer got it wrong"?

It is meant to be on an urgent delivery but it arrived at Sheerness last Tuesday and still no date for delivery to dealer.
I was advised seven to ten days, hopefully Friday latest.

Fingers crossed for you. First trip planned?
Thanks, sure yours will be around same time frame. First trip out will be on the 20th Treloan Cornwall for a couple of weeks. You?

Thanks, sure yours will be around same time frame. First trip out will be on the 20th Treloan Cornwall for a couple of weeks. You?
We had booked a site in Norfolk in a couple of weeks time but now they are not opening until August. Most other places seem rammed.

Hi Subthree, have you any when yours will be delivered to the stealers.
Thank you.

Spoke to the dealer today and they have now realised that there are indeed delays with the DVLA in registering as a motorhome via a paper form. Quite frankly we have had enough after the last 11 months and just want our van. We don't want to wait another month whilst the DVLA sort their life out. He said he had another customer who just registered their 6.1 at the old higher rate, what you paid, as it gets registered with the DVLA online instantly.

He said we could do this and then if we wanted to try and re-register it as the new lower rate we could. No idea how successful this might be but I am seriously considering this as we are going to France in 5 weeks on the basis we have the van.

Anyone got an idea how painful to change the vehicle classification because "the dealer got it wrong"?
i understand your thinking
If you plan on keeping it ,it will work out when you get the reduction in ved after 5yrs ...
Our ved was included in the price of our van and we had already accepted Thats what it was going to pay for our cali
so the only difference I’ll really feel is taxing it once a year. £180 a year more £15per month about £3.75 per week So it doesn’t feel too bad when you think about it like that...
Not going to lie i was a bit miffed when I heard the ved had changed but it is what it is!
trying to re register it will probably be like banging your head against a wall.

My registration number is at long last coming up as taxed on the DVLA website. Off to the stealers tomorrow to pick up Florence, Hurray!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic news!!!! Photos, please.

Back