Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DVLA delays in registering vehicle

I’ve had two cars waiting since the middle of March I’m afraid, I normally check progress by seeing if the DVLA have cashed the cheques with the paperwork. They haven’t. Bad sign. We’ve tried phones/ e mails no joy. A friend tried twitter, got the stock reply about no staff. Dealer contact who is struggling has written to his MP, PM and Transport Minister. No response. Contact was made by another friend‘s friend who has a son working at DVLA, the “substantial backlog” should be cleared by September....

I had to buy 90 day ZOL German export plates to use my 6.1

Fingers crossed for you,

My registration number is at long last coming up as taxed on the DVLA website. Off to the stealers tomorrow to pick up Florence, Hurray!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully mines going to be done as well, but I can't collect until the weekend earliest.

Spoke to a well informed dealer about paper/ snail mail applications, the ones he sent last week have returned done! The ones sent in April still waiting

Just bought our T6 today, papers gone off to DVLA. Due to be going to France on 24th, should be sage to book Tunnel....... shouldn’t I?? Lol

Cool exciting times......

My T6 has been registered and now transferred to me! Picking it up tomorrow from Sheffield. Going to Italy on the 10th.

Great news, time to enjoy coming up......

Well start the clock. Cali is confirmed at dealers (ps kudos to Martin and Dean at Robinsons Norwich for comprehensively responding in a very timely manner when prompted) and V55 went off late last week. As I’m in no particular rush to get the van (although ASAP would be nice) I elected to have it registered as a motor home rather than the ‘old way’ and subsequently fighting with DVLA after the event. I did battle whether touching the thing in a week’s time was worth the £2k+ VED penalty but decided against (unlike a previous customer apparently!).

Ps I’m hoping Swansea do the sensible thing and allocate work from the top of the pile rather than the bottom.

Well start the clock. Cali is confirmed at dealers (ps kudos to Martin and Dean at Robinsons Norwich for comprehensively responding in a very timely manner when prompted) and V55 went off late last week. As I’m in no particular rush to get the van (although ASAP would be nice) I elected to have it registered as a motor home rather than the ‘old way’ and subsequently fighting with DVLA after the event. I did battle whether touching the thing in a week’s time was worth the £2k+ VED penalty but decided against (unlike a previous customer apparently!).

Ps I’m hoping Swansea do the sensible thing and allocate work from the top of the pile rather than the bottom.

Swansea are doing the right thing, my non Cali V55/5 sent 6 weeks ago registered post still on the missing list (cheque uncashed) , my colleague's V55/5 from beginning of last week registration number advice back today...

Excellent. I am also with Robinsons at Norwich. I have decided to go the old way and then battle the DVLA! We have waited 48 long weeks since ordering so just can't be faffed with whether the DVLA will operate quickly. Hope your registration comes back quickly for you.

Excellent. I am also with Robinsons at Norwich. I have decided to go the old way and then battle the DVLA! We have waited 48 long weeks since ordering so just can't be faffed with whether the DVLA will operate quickly. Hope your registration comes back quickly for you.
Think we were all in the same boat, Ha ha. Hopefully mine registered yesterday with DVLA, PDI today Ceramic coating on Thursday so away for about 5 days then we are off.

Got the DVLA letter this morning just over a week after they posted it.Pick her up on Thursday!

Back