Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

DVLA Registration - Help needed

D

Dombo

Hi,

I have just imported a VW 2013 model California from Germany. I have sent all the documents to DVLA for my first Tax disk. But this has been refused because of the following reasons:
1. My certificate of conformity doesn't state that the vehicle is Left Hand Traffic
2. It doesn't say that it can uses Imperial Units - even if i have added a scan copy of the user manual saying that the speedometer can be converted digitally.

Now they told me that i need to get a Mutual Recognition Certificate through VCA. But for this I need to prove the following:
1. Head lamps: my German garage promised me that specific stickers were sufficient to adjust my lights. but VCA document that needs to be filled to get the Mutual Recognition Certificate is saying that stickers are not allowed. Do i need to change my front lights? it saying that i need UK specific headlights!
2. Speedometer: i have a digital speedometer that can be converted into MPH. But as they don't want a copy of the hand book, how can i prove that it has this fitted?
3. Fog lights are on both sides, same as point 2, how can i prove this without sending a picture as they don't accept a picture?

Last but not least. I am told that I cannot use my vehicules without a proper registration. My temporarty German plates are ending up tomorrow (they have an expiry date on them). Is there a way to use the car anyway? especially to move the car to a garage if new fitting needs to happen.

I am looking forward to your urgent advice as i am completely lost with this.

thanks for your help,
Dom

Perhaps for the speedo & fog lights you could get an independent report from say RAC describing both ??

Sorry can be of no more help.

I believe some members have imported vehicles & may be able to help you.

Dombo said:
Hi,

I have just imported a VW 2013 model California from Germany. I have sent all the documents to DVLA for my first Tax disk. But this has been refused because of the following reasons:
1. My certificate of conformity doesn't state that the vehicle is Left Hand Traffic
2. It doesn't say that it can uses Imperial Units - even if i have added a scan copy of the user manual saying that the speedometer can be converted digitally.

Now they told me that i need to get a Mutual Recognition Certificate through VCA. But for this I need to prove the following:
1. Head lamps: my German garage promised me that specific stickers were sufficient to adjust my lights. but VCA document that needs to be filled to get the Mutual Recognition Certificate is saying that stickers are not allowed. Do i need to change my front lights? it saying that i need UK specific headlights!
2. Speedometer: i have a digital speedometer that can be converted into MPH. But as they don't want a copy of the hand book, how can i prove that it has this fitted?
3. Fog lights are on both sides, same as point 2, how can i prove this without sending a picture as they don't accept a picture?

Last but not least. I am told that I cannot use my vehicules without a proper registration. My temporarty German plates are ending up tomorrow (they have an expiry date on them). Is there a way to use the car anyway? especially to move the car to a garage if new fitting needs to happen.

I am looking forward to your urgent advice as i am completely lost with this.

thanks for your help,
Dom

Have you gone to your local DVLA Office to get your UK plates and pay registration fee?

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-i ... ed-vehicle

Headlamps will need to be changed, it's straightforward job.

Foglights may need to swopped over at the back, probably not on the T5.

James

No such thing as a local DVLA office, the govt has closed them all down, everything has to be done through Swansea now :evil:

Back