Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

E bags Storage Solution

Re: E bags

Hmmm ... that link to Amazon for the decathalon tent is £51 delivered. Unless I'm mistaken, you can get the same tent direct from decathalon (delivered) for £46!

There is an topic about the wardrobe here that mentiont about the same bags from Decatlon at half of that price .
I went to dectatlon an purchased them recently and the are fine....payed them wiht euro's ;)

Thanks for the input :thumb I think I will order some

We have 3 x the large size - 4 would take the space up perfectly in the under seat drawer. Great if like us, that's where you put your clothes.

Thanks Ian I am having a bit of a change around in the Cali I'm hoping to fit my clothes
In the drawer these bags look ideal :thumb

No probs Calikev - it's just a shame they seem to be sold only in 3s!

We've been interested in these but have been reluctant to order as there is no information on the dimensions. Even the main website in the US doesn't have it. This is nuts because that surely has to be one of the first things to understand. Anyway, here they are:

Small
11" x 6.75" x 3"
27.9cm x 17.2cm x 7.6cm

Medium
13.75" x 9.75" x 3"
34.9cm x 24.8cm x 7.6cm

Large
17.5" x 12.75" x 3.25"
44.5cm x 32.4cm x 8.3cm

For us the medium looks best as we've got our underseat drawer full with other stuff.

Hope this helps....

I ordered 3 large bags and they are a good fit into the Cali wardrobe, one on top of the other. Seem well made although a little expensive.

I have the large & the medium. The large fits the large wardrobe perfectly and the medium fits the bottom shelf of the rear wardrobe, on top of the water tank/gas canister. We have 2 different colours for me and the wife so we can find our own clothes quickly. Well made, lightweight and have carrying handles.

FF

I have some excellent similar bags that do fit in the wardrobe and work well from IKEA....much cheaper

We have also used the Ikea bags (each have a different colour) for several non camper holidays, they work brilliantly, and keep clothing sort of organised. We are taking our first Cali trip next week end and plan to use them under the back seat.

You can buy good quality bags like this from decent hiking stores, Cotswold Essential sell them, Eagle Creek also manufacture them and give sizes as well. We use them for all our travelling adventures.

I've got some of these. They're great. Seem to fit lots in the big ones, good quality and if you get different colours its easy to see whose is whose. They take up less room than standard bags too. :thumb

Good news for us ebag fans - after a period of absence, they're now back available on Amazon

Great alternative, sold at Go outdoors, £10 for two bag, similar size to the large.

These were discussed in a thread about "packing cubes"

Richie said:
I've just bought a pack of two casetidy bags from Go Outdoors £9. Size 45cm(18") x 28cm (11"). At first glance they seem descent, come in at least four different colours. I saw Black, White, Blue and Purple.

If you have a Muji shop near by, they sell zipped storage bags in two colours with a netting top. Uses thin material so fold up into themselves when not in use.
Medium ones fit the Cali wardrobes well.

Alan

We have just received our large e-bags from Amazon today after reading the good reviews on the forum. We got 3 bags each in different colours and I am really impressed - they are good quality and hold a lot of stuff and they fit the wardrobe perfectly. They are on offer on Amazon at the moment for under £20 for the three large ones. This forum is great for picking up good ideas for our California.

Oh that's gratifying to know Anne - I've just discovered they are great for using in the storage thingy that pulls down above the back seat. I've always struggled accessing loose items in there with the roof down - putting stuff in ebags and then just grabbing one of them is much easier - and again you can get lots of them in there!

IanE said:
Good news for us ebag fans - after a period of absence, they're now back available on Amazon

I purchased the large ones which fit perfectly in the wardrobe. Ideal.

G