Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro Plug

How do you attach the flex to a shaver style plug? I have bought one but unlike a uk plug there are no screws to hold the wires in place. Is it a solder job or is there something I am missing?

If I remember mine was a solder job to attach the wire ... I used a thinner flex ,so it would go into the plug easier . The flex rating was way over what the max was on the Cali socket.

Carrg said:
Am I right in thinking this Euro plug will not fit the Cali? Wanted to double check. Thks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005 ... Q8BNTS3OHZ

If you have an older van with a round German style mains socket, this product will fit THAT socket nicely - and it's earthed, unlike a lot of adaptors. I use the four plug equivalent for my mains supply in our '08. As Stu says, it won't fit the inverter socket.

I've done the same as Stu for the inverter. The two pin plug I bought just gripped the cables - I didn't solder it - so there may be different versions around. And when I say 'just gripped', it actually took about 20 minutes of the very dexterous Mrs ChrisandPenney52 to cut the wires accurately and wiggle them into the right position, as the space available is very limited.

Back