Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Early Delivery?

• Thread starter Dave Beattie 63
  • Start date
Dave Beattie 63

Dave Beattie 63

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Ordered out Ocean on Aug, just received this message from our dealers so fingers crossed for Summer
Hi David
They have come back to me to say the vehicle is currently in production, it is quite early on in the process and that the body is currently in paint process, it does still have some component delays and they will be coming back to me as soon as they have a final completion date.

Cali's are def coming through quicker now. Did you order 4 Motion? It seems that is one option with supply issues.

My 4-motion beach turned up in December in Brussels less then three months after I ordered it. I still haven't sold my old one yet, so it's sitting in storage somewhere.

I believe they have suspended all orders for Kombi 4motions at the moment.

If it's already in production, isn't it safe to assume they have the drive train? Can't do much without axles and wheels.

If it's already in production, isn't it safe to assume they have the drive train? Can't do much without axles and wheels.
Could be an issue with a component on the drivetrain like the Haldex unit. Lack of something like that wouldn't stop the wheels going on.

I believe they have suspended all orders for Kombi 4motions at the moment.
not just the 4Motion---read item from a Guy who couldn't order a Kombi in any form.

It's unlikely VW will start making a vehicle that they don't have the bits to finish.
Not true. My dealer said there were over 1000 Transporters parked up around the Factory during th height of the supply chain problems awaiting completion. Would very much depend what component(s) were missing. I saw this with my own eyes too. The parking lots were chock full back then.

not just the 4Motion---read item from a Guy who couldn't order a Kombi in any form.
I ordered my 204, 4motion late Sept 21 and had it 3 months.

A mate ordered a virtually identical Kombi a month later and hasn’t even got a build week yet.

Mad.

Mines available at 55k + VAT if anyone is interested. :D :D

I ordered my 204, 4motion late Sept 21 and had it 3 months.

A mate ordered a virtually identical Kombi a month later and hasn’t even got a build week yet.

Mad.

Mines available at 55k + VAT if anyone is interested. :D :D
What colour & spec is the Kombi that’s available now ?

What colour & spec is the Kombi that’s available now ?
I was kinda joking!

I went for T32 204 4M. SWB Indium.
Swivel Seats. LEDs. Twin Electric Sliders. Tow Bar. Cab Carpet. Rear Heating. 2+1 Rear Bench.

Ordered out Ocean on Aug, just received this message from our dealers so fingers crossed for Summer
Hi David
They have come back to me to say the vehicle is currently in production, it is quite early on in the process and that the body is currently in paint process, it does still have some component delays and they will be coming back to me as soon as they have a final completion date.
Update direct from VW
Hello Mr Beattie,

Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your California to your exact specifications.​
We'll be in touch with more news soon. In the meantime, you can get in touch with your Van Centre below if you need any help.​

Update direct from VW
Hello Mr Beattie,

Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your California to your exact specifications.​
We'll be in touch with more news soon. In the meantime, you can get in touch with your Van Centre below if you need any help.​
I recently got this message. When I received it I checked with the dealer and my van had left the factory and was heading towards docks.

Just received confirmation of status 38 with delivery in March !

Back