Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California DELAYS - A letter From VW to its Dealers

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
When ordering our latest California, l spoke to the dealer who said he supplied ALL the vehicles for DtD. He said earlier this year, he had taken over 100 orders!
It's a shame other dealers are either not being given the chance to get these orders, or not willing to be competitive. We might well find ourselves with a diminished dealer network, that are even less helpful should you run into problems than they often are now.
I think the answer might be to modernise the pricing. Gtechniq (premium ceramic paint coating) don’t allow any discounting. The price is the price. If DtD can get 12% off, isn’t that the price all should be charged?

larrylamb

larrylamb

Ex Cali & Club Joker owner.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Please Select
If DtD can get 12% off, isn’t that the price all should be charged?
They, like certain dealers offering the best discounts sell in much larger volumes all year round. A smaller dealership that only sold a couple of Calis per year wouldn't bother if their margins were as small.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
I think the answer might be to modernise the pricing. Gtechniq (premium ceramic paint coating) don’t allow any discounting. The price is the price. If DtD can get 12% off, isn’t that the price all should be charged?
Do DtD get 12%?
We were offered 10% when we ordered last.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Try another dealer. For me, they add value. Sometimes the specs on the California is confusing. You choose one option and it deletes another, or the German to English translation is off. I can remember "wing door" for example. I use Breeze Poole and Tom @Tomdbreeze is their expert who actually knows about the California options. He regularly guides me with my California purchases.

I get regular video updates from them. Sometimes it's just to say that there is no news that week but it's welcome anyway.
You get regular video updates ! Wow. I never even get a phone call. In fact phoned yesterday first thing. No salesman available, asked for a call back. You guessed it, no call.
Tom at Breeze will definitely get a call when I order our T7.

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Do DtD get 12%?
We were offered 10% when we ordered last.
The discount they publish change's depending on what vwfs incentives are. I think that's a bit cheeky of them. It's not a DTD discount, it's VW's!

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The discount they publish change's depending on what vwfs incentives are. I think that's a bit cheeky of them. It's not a DTD discount, it's VW's!
What is this industry obtaining discounts? Are VW mugging people who pay full price then? It all feels a bit grubby?

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I got 12%
ive heard of 9-13% I think
haha. Yes, 12% when ordered but by the time you get the van, after 6-8 months and a couple of price hikes, it’s more like 14%!!!

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
haha. Yes, 12% when ordered but by the time you get the van, after 6-8 months and a couple of price hikes, it’s more like 14%!!!
Makes me wonder again (I did when I ordered) whether I should’ve ordered two - the perfect one for me and the perfect one for resale. I don’t see any risk...
What spec would you order for resale?
Actually don’t answer here...Thread hijack...I’ll start another

jMacdent

jMacdent

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Makes me wonder again (I did when I ordered) whether I should’ve ordered two - the perfect one for me and the perfect one for resale. I don’t see any risk...
What spec would you order for resale?
Actually don’t answer here...Thread hijack...I’ll start another
Hahaha. Going to answer anyway. Good call! When I first looked at vans I was told to think about resale and choose a colour that’s not going to be too divisive.(Also didn‘t want to draw attention) So I choose grey, which I liked anyway! Options...?
p.s now I have no intention of selling the van anytime soon!

Last edited:

VW California Club