Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EE Buzzard 4G

Perfect if you are driving or camping in big cities. I am still amazed that once you are off the beaten track then GRPS and Edge are the best you get (I have EE and Vodafone)

This will only get as good a signal as a phone, so if you have a phone with 4G or even 3G just turn on the personal hotspot and use that.

An external aerial such as that described on a different thread might help things a smidge.

Admittedly when you do get 4G it is amazingly fast, but on a commute up the M1 - I see it in Nottingham and Sheffield only :-(

One of the major flaws in 3G technology is the spectrum used doesn't have a great reach or range, 4G is ultra fast, but actually is all about increasing the ability of a given transmitter to penetrate deeper into its environment.

This should mean that 4G will work better and become more stable indoors, but also reach greater distance from the transmitters.

EE are talking about 95% population coverage by the end of the year, with the other networks talking similar figures by the end of 2015.

EE are adding these products because the time has come when they will actually be useful, and stable.

Back