WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi All, Happy New Year to everyone.
I was given an EE Buzzard for Christmas. Excellent piece of kit for 3/4G connection when no free wifi available.
Does anyone know if it can be used with other network data sims, eg: Three, which has UK prices for most of the EU countries, rather than charging a premium for use abroad?
Any information or advice much appreciated.

I have one and wonder the same I would reckon they are locked like a mobile

My mobile SIM seems to detect when it is in a dongle or iPad and says "that is not what this SIM is for, please contact us for a data sim"

Personally I never understand the need for a dongle or hotspot as your smartphone can act as a hotspot whenever you need it.

Or am I missing something? Do they get a better signal than a smartphone?

Same as Johnyboy - I just use my phone with Tethering/Portable Hotspot.

However I know some providers stop you using this feature. I have Vodafone with 3GB data which covers even the busiest month.

I am no fan of Vodafone for general coverage, but their EuroTraveller feature is very reasonable - you pay a fixed fee per day when overseas and then you use your UK data and call allowance.

T

Some tariff don't allow tethering or hot spot. Like gift gag & aparently they can tell when you are doing so.

I use Three and Tether in my dual SIM phone, I get 2GB of Data and 600 mins of calls for £7 per month, they allow tethering on all their tariffs apart from all you can eat ones.

Kirk said:
I use Three and Tether in my dual SIM phone, I get 2GB of Data and 600 mins of calls for £7 per month, they allow tethering on all their tariffs apart from all you can eat ones.
I am on 3 with all you can eat data & can teather & do. Have done 70 odd Gb in a month with no problems.
Actually on the one plan

Andy said:
Kirk said:
I am on 3 with all you can eat data & can teather & do. Have done 70 odd Gb in a month with no problems.
Actually on the one plan

they are phasing it out for 2015, i had an email advising me of new t&c

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/20 ... ering.html

Kirk said:
Andy said:
Kirk said:
Actually on the one plan

I can confirm this also. I'm with 3 with all you can eat data, after tethering recently my account was restricted temporarily and so after contacting them they said I cannot any longer tether using my unlimited data, I now have to buy 3gb for tethering but the phone still has unlimited data for its own use. Not very happy but that's progress I guess, all good things come to an end eventually :-/

I can confirm this also. I'm with 3 with all you can eat data, after tethering recently my account was restricted temporarily and so after contacting them they said I cannot any longer tether using my unlimited data, I now have to buy 3gb for tethering but the phone still has unlimited data for its own use. Not very happy but that's progress I guess, all good things come to an end eventually :-/

Are you out of your contract term ?? How much are you paying ?

My 2 yr contract ends in May, I pay £26 / month with S3 mini. Shall not be amused if they limit me within my contract...... breach of contract.....

Shame they are stopping it, but it had to happen must cost them a fortune !

I see we have gone slightly Off-Topic.
Does anyone know if the EE Buzzard can be used with any other network data sim card? :thanks

WelshGas said:
I see we have gone slightly Off-Topic.
Does anyone know if the EE Buzzard can be used with any other network data sim card? :thanks

I doubt it without unlocking it.

Andy said:

Are you out of your contract term ?? How much are you paying ?

My 2 yr contract ends in May, I pay £26 / month with S3 mini. Shall not be amused if they limit me within my contract...... breach of contract.....

Shame they are stopping it, but it had to happen must cost them a fortune !

No I was a couple of months into it and in the small print they can with notice change your package. So I had to bite the bullet and take the hit. Although I'm not too happy about the change they are still best value for data at the moment as far as I can tell .

Back