Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EHU charging and table questions.

Iron Van

Iron Van

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hey guys,

I wonder if someone can help with a couple of questions, I have looked in the book but haven't managed to find the answers.

When hooked up to the mains, does this charge the leisure battery, main battery or both?

I guess there is a trip for the hook up, where is it and where is the charger?

Last question is about the table. We collected it in March and the table didn't have the black plastic bits to connect to the side in the van. The dealer told us that VW have stopped putting them on the table and you have to just use the four legs, because they kept breaking. Does anyone know anything different to this?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Hi Steve when hooked up it will charge the leisure batteries and trickle charge the van battery
They did stop putting the clips on the table not sure of the exact year roundabout 2012 :thumb

Great stuff, thanks Kev. :thanks

Cheers mate. Mine is a Beach with a 3 seat bench, so must be somewhere else. I will have to have another poke around today.

Hi Steve

We collected our cali beach in march, & our table has the black plastic clips that slot into the sliding rail in the van

Also there was a thread a few week ago, some one asking if you can get replacement clips as one of his had snapped, some one replied saying that you can.

I would give VW Customer Care a call

Hi Kitesurfer,

Thanks for taking the time to reply mate, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Have you found a trip for your EHU?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Not had a look for that yet there is a lot of electrics under the passenger seat, ?

slowly reading through the manual, but not got to electrics.

Best of luck

Cheers mate, that seems like a good place to start the hunt. I will let you know if I find it.

Steve

I realise this is something of an old thread - and I presume you found the EHU circuit breaker in the left hand cubby hole in the boot. Does anyone have any info on the leisure battery charger for post EHU beaches? Have fitted a battery monitor and it doesn't appear to show any charge going to the leisure battery when on electric hook up (interior socket working ok, and EHU trip switch not tripped). Any ideas?

Back