Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric hook up cable - where to buy?

F

Franthevan

Vehicle
N/A
Hello, I would appreciate some advice on electric hook up cables. We our new to camping and too our Cali. I think we have a short cable which came with our van so we need to go out an buy a new one. I've seen a thread about different lengths. Can someone suggest where to buy one?

forum shop, or any motor home supplier loads on ebay if you what to get on line, We use 25m one

I bought an orange 25m cable from the forum shop.

It also strikes me as being of good quality.

25m is quite heavy. I think 25m is worst case. I used a much shorter cable throughout the whole of last summer and there was only one occasion, Verona, when it wasn't long enough. As others have said, they use two shorter cables as required.

If you go to Europe you will need a converter to two pins, if you don't have one. These are still relatively common in Europe. I also used a polarity tester and a reverser cable on several occasions. Some don't think this is a problem, but I'm no electrician so don't really know.

I wouldn't bother buying a cable drum or Rollacord.

I understand some people prefer the blue cable, it's more flexible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello, I would appreciate some advice on electric hook up cables. We our new to camping and too our Cali. I think we have a short cable which came with our van so we need to go out an buy a new one. I've seen a thread about different lengths. Can someone suggest where to buy one?
Aldi have them in now

I use a 10 and a 15 metre for ease of handling and a connector for when joining together. I also use Arctic cable as I do a lot of winter camping.

I use a 10 and a 15 metre for ease of handling and a connector for when joining together. I also use Arctic cable as I do a lot of winter camping.
We do the same, so far only needed the 15m once. Not used the blue cable, used the orange throughout the winter. Is the blue any real advantage?

..me.

We do the same, so far only needed the 15m once. Not used the blue cable, used the orange throughout the winter. Is the blue any real advantage?

..me.
Just more pliable in very low temperatures, not an absolute requirement. I've only ever used the orange during winter in the U.K. If you regularly go skiing then maybe of use.

We hardly ever bother with electric hook-up, as we tend to move on every day when touring so the batteries stay adequately topped up by driving. But the cables are pretty cheap so I keep a couple of different lengths in the garage for various trip modes.

Just more pliable in very low temperatures, not an absolute requirement. I've only ever used the orange during winter in the U.K. If you regularly go skiing then maybe of use.
As with all things, you get what you pay for.
I've got two blue cables. One is good quality Artic cable bought from a reputable electrical wholesaler the other, isn't.

The better one remains flexible in cool temps the other just behaves like a rigid orange cable.

Last two sites we have been on in France this week have needed the full 25m so 2 x 10m wouldn't have worked. We have another 20m one as well which we have had to use twice abroad. We keep the cables in round nylon bags from GoOutdoors together with the adapters.

We also use a 10m + 15m, now in a nice bag that we purchased from the club shop today