Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Kettle/Toaster

Princess Doris

Princess Doris

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

Is it possible to operate a kettle or toaster from the 3 pin socket from the leisure battery ?
And if it is possible, what is the maximum wattage of the appliances.
And, where can I purchase such appliances.
Thanks
Sam and Julie

Not without killing the Leisure battery, even low wattage devices Would require a lot of battery juice.

on hook up no problem , but keep the wattage below 800 to avoid tripping the EHU pillar onsite.

Hello Sam & Julie,

"... Is it possible to operate a kettle or toaster from the 3 pin socket from the leisure battery ? ..."

Yes and no

Yes - if you connected the camper to electricity at a campsite or aire
No - if you are not connected to electricity

Regards,
Eberhard

The 230Vac outlets only run when on external hookup (ditto the habitation air conditioning if you have that option).

The leisure battery provides 12Vdc which runs the lights/heating/hot water & fridge and hob ignition as well as options like WiFi and Sat receiver.

If you do want 230Vac when ‘off grid’ there are a number of after market options. Search the forum for more information.

Or use a EcoFlow Delta2, kettle, coffee maker, milk aerator and toaster. Job done !

Hi

Is it possible to operate a kettle or toaster from the 3 pin socket from the leisure battery ?
And if it is possible, what is the maximum wattage of the appliances.
And, where can I purchase such appliances.
Thanks
Sam and Julie
I wouldn’t bother and just use the gas cooker… with a cheap Decathlon stainless steel kettle and Primus toaster :thumb

IMG_6483.jpeg

IMG_6484.jpeg

I would agree, it’s different for everyone but one of the things we like about camping is taking it slower (not doing things the same as at home) and I can’t imagine there’s too much difference in boil time between a stove top kettle and an underpowered electric one! We find the ridge monkey is fine as a toaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree, it’s different for everyone but one of the things we like about camping is taking it slower (not doing things the same as at home) and I can’t imagine there’s too much difference in boil time between a stove top kettle and an underpowered electric one! We find the ridge monkey is fine as a toaster.

I need to try toast on my ridge monkey.
I have all the gear, but no time as working so much. Can’t wait for June and relax and take things easy for two weeks :)

I love baguette toast in the ridgemonkey!

Hello,

We tried several ways to get the toast done, but the best way for us is still the Ridgemonkey (we call it "Toast Monkey").

For us getting hot water for tea anc coffee is still the kettle and the gas cooker. It is quick and fast, and I don't believe it actually uses a lot of gas.

For washing up we use the warm water from the Truma. If we are on tour I normally switch on the hot water (lowest leve) to ensure that we have at least warm water when we need it.

Regards,
Eberhard

PS
We are on a weekend trip to Lough Neagh. There was a wee bit of rain coming up the motorway, but at the moment it seems ok, not raining and actually not so cold.