Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toaster

PaulBishop

PaulBishop

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All

Can anyone recommend a quality and decent performing toaster for use on the gas burners, and where to buy.

Thanks

Paul

is this type better than the ones where you lean them on a rack in a kind of circular fashion over the gas flame?
kim

Yes the flat ones are definatly better :thumb

Search on Toaster and you'll find this has been covered before. Unanimous in favour of the device from Amaz…….that huge, greedy non tax paying parasite of a company.

S.

Thanks everyone. I bought the Go Outdoors unit for £4.99 and road tested it yesterday. It's brilliant. Takes about 45 seconds each side and easy to use.

Thanks again.

Paul

We use the single one as well. It's brilliant. Never thought it would work! Bought from Go Outdoors.... :)

ok so sorry to flog this toaster thing to death..i got the folding go outdoors one..just checking which way up to use it..my husband and I disagree..mesh bit upwards or downwards?

Kim

Mesh down I think, to even the heat distribution.

But don't these things produce loads of ash/ burnt breadcrumbs in the burner area ?

Hi

definitely mesh down , and not too big a flame ,slowly and surely is the best method

the mesh does eventually disintegrate after 100s of uses wouldnt be without them on our scout camps ! :thumb

enjoy dave and lisa