Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric slding side door repair

• Thread starter greatnortherncamper
  • Start date
G

greatnortherncamper

VIP Member
Not sure if there is better location for this question and indeed whether its been asked and answered many times before. If im in the wrong place - sorry and hope you can re-direct me

I have a frayed "guide" wire (multistrand stainless steel wire) on my electric side door and keen to repair / replace. I can see entire "cable drum" / guide rail assemblies for £400 (on ebay) or the wires only for a great deal less. I am fairly practical and well equipped but wonder if anyone has done a wire swap only and how straightforward or otherwise this job was. Van is a 2012 SE 4-motion.

Assembly is showing as 7E1 843 872

Many thanks for this - ill go through it and it should make things very much easier.

Thanks again

Many thanks for this - ill go through it and it should make things very much easier.

Thanks again
I think, from what I can recall, the problem with just a wire swap is that the End Nipple has to be removed and then replaced in-situ after fitting. But with the correct tools it should be possible.

I'm going to go for the wire only replacement and will update once ( if !) I'm done!

Thanks again for advice and steer - much appreciated.