Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric door problem

G

Gonggong

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi
I am having a problem with my electric sliding drivers side door.
It opens perfectly but when It comes to shut it travels about a quarter of the way then it stops and returns to the fully open position.
When it is parked half on the pavement with the passenger side on the pavement it has this problem. If I park it the other way with drivers wheels on the pavement it works just fine. Is this due to worn hinges? Only recently bought the vehicle and so am keen to get all the problems I have inherited sorted. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Hi
I am having a problem with my electric sliding drivers side door.
It opens perfectly but when It comes to shut it travels about a quarter of the way then it stops and returns to the fully open position.
When it is parked half on the pavement with the passenger side on the pavement it has this problem. If I park it the other way with drivers wheels on the pavement it works just fine. Is this due to worn hinges? Only recently bought the vehicle and so am keen to get all the problems I have inherited sorted. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.
Might be worth cleaning the rails thoughly mine has always been very sensitive and
Give the rollers top and bottom a squirt of silicone spray.

Might be worth cleaning the rails thoughly mine has always been very sensitive and
Give the rollers top and bottom a squirt of silicone spray.
Thanks for the reply , I have greased the rails thinking it would help but never made a difference. If when it’s shutting I even lightly press on the door on the top or bottom it then closes fine. I have been trying to find the hinges online to try replacing them but can only find the manual door hinges. Has anyone found anywhere that stocks them?
Thanks