Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Driver side door not locking

piddi

piddi

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried to search without finding anything identical.

So basically, the driver side door started acting up this winter, only locking every other time I pressed the the key.

Then (what I presume) is the central locking motor inside the door started sound a bit funky, and now it has just stopped working and not locking all together.

All other doors will lock when I press the key.

Anyone had similar issues?

Would be nice to have some kind of clue, before I go to the mechanic :(

Last edited:
what VAGCOM errors are being reported?
I would also try taking the door card off and put a multimeter on to the door locking motor to see what reading's you're getting. sounds like the motor might be kaput

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried to search without finding anything identical.

So basically, the driver side door started acting up this winter, only locking every other time I pressed the the key.

Then (what I presume) is the central locking motor inside the door started sound a bit funky, and now it has just stopped working and not locking all together.

All other doors will lock when I press the key.

Anyone had similar issues?

Would be nice to have some kind of clue, before I go to the mechanic :(
Not unknown for wires to break or short circuit in the corrugated rubber loom cover from car to door, near the hinges, especially on the Drivers door which has the most use.

Back