Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical Hook Up Help?

M

m4rky

Hi All

This has been an extremely expensive week stocking up on accessories for the forthcoming Cali :crazy but hey its been fun :grin:

I know that I need to get an electrical hook up but I have no experience with these things at all. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks Mark

I would consider the cost difference between 10m & 25m and see if you think 25 is more viable.

I had a 10m one when we were tent camping and like all men longed for some extra length so this time I went for 25m.

Stu said:
I would consider the cost difference between 10m & 25m and see if you think 25 is more viable.

I had a 10m one when we were tent camping and like all men longed for some extra length so this time I went for 25m.

Totally agree with you about the 25 mtr cables, a couple of sites ive been to had very few EHU posts so you had to trail the cable quite a way to get power.

Mike

I stand corrected on this !! I actually have 25m aswell :oops:

I actually cut mine in half so I now have two x 12.5m cables so if I need the full 25m I just connect them together, that way i don't have loads of cable coiled up on the ground, also if I am going to a site I know I just take the shortest one with me.

So Mark please ignore my first comment and get 25m !

If it helps i keep my cable in one of those round zip up covers, helps to store it clean when wet and as a bonus at that diameter it slips inside the fold up seat in the tailgate.
cheers Keith.

I bought a 10m but found it too short for one site we visited, so bought another and the 20m combination seems fine. More adaptable than a 25m one, the 10m on its own is fine for home.