Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical Hook Up

Wogga

Wogga

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have had a trawl but can't find the answer unfortunately. Simple question I suspect can't answer it myself because the van is on its way.

Q. T6/6.1 Ocean when on electrical hook up is there a charge to the engine start battery or is it leisure batteries only? I suspect it is leisure only. thanks in anticipation.

There is a trickle charge to the starter battery. I proved it a while ago, there is a thread if you search for it.

Are you 100% sure for the T6.1? the chances are you are correct, but there appear to be quite a lot of undocumented changes to way things work on the T6.1 compared to earlier models. Inverter changing & moving position, ventilation mode heating system etc

Definitely a trickle charge to the main battery. I have a dash cam that shows voltage of the main battery when on live view. It automatically shuts the camera off when the main voltage drops to 12v (usually 3 days). If I then hook the van up to shore power, it must be trickle charging the main battery as the voltage increases and when taken off hook up, the camera stays recording for about 3 days until drops to 12v again. Ps 12v or 72 hours is my chosen cut off triggers. Engine not started!

I knew I was wrong to question Loz when it comes to electrickery :Iamsorry

What does it mean by "Operation of the additional heater with electricity"? I thought the parking heater was diesel only?
The fuel for the heater is diesel, but the fan that blows the heat into the vehicle iselectric.

The fuel for the heater is diesel, but the fan that blows the heat into the vehicle iselectric.
As is the fuel pump, ignition and control thermostat etc. just stating the obvious.

Really indirect power as the heater runs off the battery and the battery is being recharged by the external power system, could be argued that it bypasses the battery.