Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical Plugs in Kitchen not working

T

T6Coast

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi all, new here and just bought my 2016 Coast in January.

It seems the electrical plugs (240v) in the kitchen and behind the drivers seat (passenger's seat in UK?) are not providing power. Any idea on why this might be? I'm a newbie so it is probably something stupid like the car has to be on or plugged in. Is there a kill switch for the electrical?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Are on Hook up only works on hook up
:welcome
If on Hook up have you switched on in back cupboard above gas bottle

You'd need to be plugged in externally to get 240V from the socket. Otherwise you're on 12V from the leisure batteries to charge a phone or run the internal lights etc - no electric kettle in the lay-by I'm afraid ...

Separately there have been several posts recently where the internal lead from the external socket hasn't been quite fully connected to the charger / splitter & needed pushing in firmly as the leisure batteries weren't charging, but that's not your immediate problem :cool:

When you are not on hook-up the 240v mains socket on the side of the kitchen cabinet will not work. It is simply a 'pass through' circuit (with a circuit-breaker for safety) from the external hook-up supply.

But you should be able to get 240v power from the 2-pin outlet on the 'wall' of the van just forward of the kitchen unit. This draws power from the leisure batteries, through an inverter. However, it has a maximum rating of 150w which is NOT adequate for powering most kitchen items, only a charger for a small electronic device etc. If you try to connect a kettle or something to that, the circuit will trip.

Welcome on your first post , a lot to learn on a new Cali ain't ....
Take the manual and sit yourself in the Cali while reading it so you can try things out.

Back