Electronic Stability Control

• Thread starter California_Clarky
  • Start date
California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
My 2022 Cali came with Electronic Stability Control not really sure how I works or what it really does - has anyone else got this on theirs and how do you use it

My 2022 Cali came with Electronic Stability Control not really sure how I works or what it really does - has anyone else got this on theirs and how do you use it
Since 2014 all vehicles sold in the EU and UK have it.

Since 2014 all vehicles sold in the EU and UK have it.
Nearly all cars....not all. Low volume stuff - Morgans, Caterham etc don't have it.

Nearly all cars....not all. Low volume stuff - Morgans, Caterham etc don't have it.
Interesting, at odds with EU legislation. The system is called by other names if developed in house.

IMG_6155.JPG
this is the button that am referring to its not a standard fit but an optional extra

Thats the DCC button, dynamic Chassis Control - ie make the shock absorbers harder & softer, Nothing to do with ESC ( emergency skid control)
Ah right - sorry for the confusion so does nothing else apart from the shocks, it comes up with eco, normal sport and one other. when I press it

Interesting, at odds with EU legislation. The system is called by other names if developed in house.
Both Caterham & Morgan use the long established PTBBPY system. (Push the B****Y Brake Pedal Yourself ). no electronics other than the brake lights anywhere on the braking system on my 2017 model

The new aluminium chassis Morgans from 2020 onwards have ABS but no stability control - from the manual "• Understand that this vehicle is not fitted with airbags or electronic stability control systems but is fitted with an Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)."

Explains why many of the 335hp Plus Six cars have been launched into hedgerows.

Explains why many of the 335hp Plus Six cars have been launched into hedgerows.
Midlife ‘bonus’ crisis - Morgan or superbike purchased in April…then heard racing around county lanes on a sunny Sunday morning. Usually sold a year later or recovered from a hedge.

Midlife ‘bonus’ crisis - Morgan or superbike purchased in April…then heard racing around county lanes on a sunny Sunday morning. Usually sold a year later or recovered from a hedge.
Most Morgans are retirement presents & an awful lot don't go over 50mph. Very different demographic to the superbike buyers.

The Plus 6 has a problem that at 50mph on a motorway slip road if you even breathe on the accelerator it drops down 3 gears, the twin turbos spool up and it looses traction at the back.
Catches out a lot of 70yr old drivers that are used to the somewhat slower response from the rover V8 fitted to the previous generation cars.

Ah right - sorry for the confusion so does nothing else apart from the shocks, it comes up with eco, normal sport and one other. when I press it
There should be a custom option for suspension and steering. I’ve got it on my van - it was defaulted to comfort and wallowed around corners until I went through the options and found my ideal set up

I did notice it was better with sport made it stiffer and not lean on corners but it made the steering heavier so I need to go and take a look at the individual one - does it keep the last setting that was used

I did notice it was better with sport made it stiffer and not lean on corners but it made the steering heavier so I need to go and take a look at the individual one - does it keep the last setting that was used
Some of the settings are linked to the individual user profiles. I don’t know which.

Back