Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Emissions recall for T6 Beach

Docmark

Docmark

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Came across this VW recall from April 2019 - This involved a software update to deal with increased nitrogen oxide emissions during regeneration of the particulate filter. This apparently does not affect performance but does increase use of Ad-blue. As a result VW are said to be offering a cash amount of 100 eur as compensation

Well - my Beach had a service last week (Wrexham VW vans) and the recall work had been identified and was also done - however customer service had no knowledge of the compensation payment and suggested that VW UK would sort that out!
Has anyone else had this recall sorted out and did you get a VW payment in compensation??

I didn’t get offered cash, but have a piece of paper saying I can have about 8 (?) free adblue top ups at vw dealers.
Would rather have the cash, as knowing how busy vw dealers are, having to make an appt weeks in advance could be tricky!

Concur - you should have got a slip with your van details filled in and 8 top-ups of AdBlue. When you get a top-up at any commercial VW dealer they claim it back from VWUK like a warranty claim.

I got a huge (multi gallon) container of ad blue after my recall which will probably sit in my garage for ever. I always use ad blue ‘at the pump’ in my local BP station. Or, last time, VW West Yorkshire topped it up for free after my last pre-paid service.

Ad blue has a use by date so it may have gone off before you can use it.

Following my post (above) and having given feedback to the garage concerned - today got a call to let me know I can have 8 refills of Ad-blue free - and a letter and chart is "in the post". When asked I was told to just call by when the level is low and they will re-fill and mark my card. No need to pre-book - just turn up and it will be done. - so a result!

Following my post (above) and having given feedback to the garage concerned - today got a call to let me know I can have 8 refills of Ad-blue free - and a letter and chart is "in the post". When asked I was told to just call by when the level is low and they will re-fill and mark my card. No need to pre-book - just turn up and it will be done. - so a result!
I have read or heard that VW have instructed service centres around Europe to prioritise AdBlue refills. If you turn up at any service centre and request a refill you should be dealt with immediately. It worked at VW Palermo when I was very low on AdBlue at an eye-watering cost to my wallet.

My Cali is due this recall and engine software change, I'm resisting getting it done as the last software change cost me 10 mile per Gal. In diesel !!!!

Back