Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine Battery Change and Coding.

It’s all to do with the BlueMotion charging strategy. The system monitors the battery status so when putting in a new battery the recoding sets the system up for the new battery. A special number has to be entered that tells the system about battery type and charging strategy to be used.
Hi does that mean that if I change the motor battery on my t5 2009 cali I don’t have to bother about recoding?

Hi does that mean that if I change the motor battery on my t5 2009 cali I don’t have to bother about recoding?
If you don’t have BlueMotion regenerative braking, then No coding required.
If you do have BlueMotion then their would be a Battery sensor directly on the -tve battery pole.

You can now do coding from carista just need to make sure the right ah and change the serial number (can be 1234567)

I asked the same question to the RAC when they upgraded the starter battery in our 2012 Beach Bluemotion. He said no as it didn’t have stop / start Regen function. (Blue motion on earlier models refers to gear ratio , tyre size etc, to make them more eco)

So I would say no in your case.

Back