Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Engine Oil Use and DPF issues

M

Mountain Mike

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all, newbie on here.

I bought a 2012 Cali a couple of moths ago. We noticed white smoke from the exhaust and the dealer diagnosed a turbo fault. They fitted a new one and the smoke is much less. However, the engine is using a ltr oil every 700 miles.. !! The DPF re charges four or 5 times in 1000 miles. I know this because we’ve just driven from the Lake District to the south of France. Any help appreciated! Thanks. Mike

Hi all, newbie on here.

I bought a 2012 Cali a couple of moths ago. We noticed white smoke from the exhaust and the dealer diagnosed a turbo fault. They fitted a new one and the smoke is much less. However, the engine is using a ltr oil every 700 miles.. !! The DPF re charges four or 5 times in 1000 miles. I know this because we’ve just driven from the Lake District to the south of France. Any help appreciated! Thanks. Mike
Is it the 180 BiTurbo Engine. If so then you need to read this thread. I'm afraid you have a problem.

Could be an expensive issue Read the link WG posted. Sit down 1st.

Bought from a dealer a couple of months ago, you need to get this reported and sorted with them very quickly.

Sounds like someone knew it had the oil bug, and traded it in...now they’ve just passed it on to you...
I’d be driving it straight back and getting my money back or a new engine,
For those of us who have lived with this issue it’s nothing but depressing.

You really need to get this sorted with the dealer within 6 months from purchase or the consumer rights change in the dealers favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really need to get this sorted with the dealer within 6 months from purchase or the consumer rights change in the dealers favour.

Assuming you purchased it from a trader?