Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Error codes

P

PeterBOcean2017

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
45D0A9A7-3DD2-4E2C-9B34-870DEB270B36.jpeg
I have the above error codes after finding fridge and other icons flashing on screen. Fridge will not turn on. Domestic socket will not work. Error codes will not reset. I have had the control unit out to replace the broken control knob but everything was working after replacement. Battery voltage was down due to lack of use but is now charged. Anyone know what ”PRESS ESC 58” means because pressing reset on the control knob has no effect. Many thanks.

Thank you, makes sense, press for 5 secs. Still didn’t clear the codes and seems unlikely that all these fuses have blown but I’ll check tomorrow.

View attachment 102177
I have the above error codes after finding fridge and other icons flashing on screen. Fridge will not turn on. Domestic socket will not work. Error codes will not reset. I have had the control unit out to replace the broken control knob but everything was working after replacement. Battery voltage was down due to lack of use but is now charged. Anyone know what ”PRESS ESC 58” means because pressing reset on the control knob has no effect. Many thanks.

3101 Fuse interrupt output output coolbox

3010 Short-circuit input icebox "actual temperature"

4001 Fuse circuit to plus water level sensor failure

5001 Short circuit to plus water level sensor failure

6000 Short-circuit to ground temperature sensor or for outdoor temperature

Not sure what this all means when they appear together, but I'm sure someone does

I would ask someone with VCDS to scan the vehicle and see if these codes could be better decoded and resolved.
If there is no one on here close to you then try the T6 Forum. If you were closer to me I would try but I no expert with the software.

I would check the shunt

I would ask someone with VCDS to scan the vehicle and see if these codes could be better decoded and resolved.
If there is no one on here close to you then try the T6 Forum. If you were closer to me I would try but I no expert with the software.
Nothing will show on VCDS or Carista as the Control Panel is purely confined to the Leisure Equipment and has no data connection with the vehicle BCM.

View attachment 102177
? Domestic socket. Which socket are you referring to?

Have you actually switched off the Control Panel using the L lower button.
Wait at least 30 seconds, switch on again. Check for Diagnostic Codes and try to Erase them again.

I would check the shunt

Very unlikely as that is predominantly a pre-2010 vehicle problem.

I have tried switching off the control panel lower left and several resets. Going to check fuses today and someone suggested possible battery damage due to complete discharge. I mistakenly left an extension lead with a LED connected to the 3 pin socket just behind the front seat. The sink pump works and the roof opens normally so wondering if one battery is ok and the other one (if fitted) is causing the issue. Thanks to everyone for advice.

My Ocean is the petrol TSI 204 DSG by the way, not sure if that is relevant.

I have tried switching off the control panel lower left and several resets. Going to check fuses today and someone suggested possible battery damage due to complete discharge. I mistakenly left an extension lead with a LED connected to the 3 pin socket just behind the front seat. The sink pump works and the roof opens normally so wondering if one battery is ok and the other one (if fitted) is causing the issue. Thanks to everyone for advice.
Both Leisure batteries are wired in parallel. All the leisure electrics are connected to the front passenger seat leisure battery. The Cube fuse on the rear leisure battery could have blown so you are only running on 1 leisure battery.

My Ocean is the petrol TSI 204 DSG by the way, not sure if that is relevant.
Rare beast, but the Leisure electrics are the same across all models irrespective of Tsi or Tdi.

Thanks for info, will look at the cube fuse next.

All faults cleared and everything working. Thank you for all advice, turned out to be my fault. I hadn’t seated one of the plugs properly on the back of the control unit after replacing the £40 knob.

All faults cleared and everything working. Thank you for all advice, turned out to be my fault. I hadn’t seated one of the plugs properly on the back of the control unit after replacing the £40 knob.
My next suggestion was to remove the Control Panel and check connections, as you had said everything was working OK after the knob repair/replacement, otherwise that would have been my first suggestion.
Thanks for letting us know . Many don’t.:thanks

View attachment 102177
I think the bottom right button below the knob is Escape. Hold down for 5 seconds should reset the codes.

Last edited:
Back