Error: fresh water pump. please visit workshop

Blackbrogue1962

Blackbrogue1962

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I know this has been discussed in previous threads and I’ve followed most of the advice including the very helpful instructions from Maxi Mizer, but with no success. I’ve ruled out the micro switch, as well as opening the water tank and trying to manually turn the pump and checking the fuse. After unconnecting and reconnecting the motor, it runs for a second but cuts out again and the error message in the title appears. What I think is happening is that the T6.1 has a cut out that stops the pump a second after running dry. I think the root cause maybe an airlock, but I’m not sure how to clear it. I’d take it to the dealer, but I’m in France and here for another 2 weeks so it would be helpful if I can fix it myself as I haven’t time to take to a dealer for it to be investigated.

I know this has been discussed in previous threads and I’ve followed most of the advice including the very helpful instructions from Maxi Mizer, but with no success. I’ve ruled out the micro switch, as well as opening the water tank and trying to manually turn the pump and checking the fuse. After unconnecting and reconnecting the motor, it runs for a second but cuts out again and the error message in the title appears. What I think is happening is that the T6.1 has a cut out that stops the pump a second after running dry. I think the root cause maybe an airlock, but I’m not sure how to clear it. I’d take it to the dealer, but I’m in France and here for another 2 weeks so it would be helpful if I can fix it myself as I haven’t time to take to a dealer for it to be investigated.
If it’s an airlock then you could try the following.
Switch on at tap and open tap fully. Then blow/ suck through tap spout. Should hear gurgling from water tank when blowing.

After completing above. Close tap.
Reset Control Panel as in Post 1 below.

Back