Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water pump running issue

F

franky'K

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I was away last night in the van and all was great until I was woken at 2am by the fresh water pump running! (No flow) I ended up dumping the fresh water contents which caused the pump cut out to kick in and switch off. I now know how to disconnect the pump from under the wardrobe if it happens again. I did wonder if the sensor/switch somewhere shorted due to near 0 degrees. Filled the tank this morning to reset the cut out and all worked as it should! Has anyone experienced similar ?

There's a micro switch in the water tap that is wired in parallel with your shower switch (if fitted)

It runs through the bottom of the cupboard (17 pin black connector) then into the LHS seat base ( orange 10 pin connector) from there to pin 23 on j608.

The most likely fault is the micro switch. I'd cycle it a few times.

Next likely is the shower switch if fitted.

Next you could disconnect switches one by one to check for a short.

After that it's buzzing wires.

Finally if wires and switches are ok replace J608.

Edit: if you have access to the OBD you could check for correct cycling of the input on J608. If J608 is commanding the pump to run without an input then J608 is faulty.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. The van is only 8 weeks old so will keep an eye on it and if it repeats I will try and find a knowledgable VW Cali dealer in Gloucestershire.
I do have a shower connection, is there a way to disconnect this switch? I understand there is a connector under the sink for the sink tap, but not aware of one for the shower!

Back