Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

EU Referendum - 23rd June - How will you vote?

EU Referendum

• Stay in the EU

Votes: 90 51.4%
  • Leave the EU

Votes: 85 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After today's appalling news about the murder of Jo Cox I have never been more disgusted at being British. I'm stepping out of this thread.

Seems a bit sad to me that the thread with the most views/replies for ages is about something that noone really knows the answers to and has developed into a bit of a slanging match. Thank god it'll soon be over one way or the other.

Maybe time to close this thread. The points have been made.

Yes indeed a lot of ground has been covered, and re-covered. But at risk of sounding pious, it seems to me the only logical date on which this thread should now be closed would be 23rd June. Until then, others may want to have their say, whether on points already made or maybe even new things we haven't collectively contemplated. Of course none of us are forced to keep reading the thread.

I do agree there are risks in introducing topics that are inevitably political in a forum about campervans, and maybe that's a lesson for the future.

Can anyone suggest a joyous new (Cali-focused) thread topic to kick off at midnight next Thursday? :D

The good news is that everyone is passionate about the future of the country. And Europe (maybe..) Everyone wants to do what they think is right (not right wing... well, maybe some...)

Lets all go camping....

:cool:

The good news is that everyone is passionate about the future of the country. And Europe (maybe..) Everyone wants to do what they think is right (not right wing... well, maybe some...)

Lets all go camping....

:cool:

Hopefully if all goes well and my unplanned incarceration in a local medical establishment is short and sweet I am, on the 23rd, doing just that, going camping, and having had to cancel all camping engagements for the last three weeks I am absolutely desperate to be away in Albert again.

I will be the happiest bunny on the planet if "wheels they are a rollin...."

@GrannyJen , Best wishes for a speedy return from said establishment to the welcoming driving seat of Albert.
We will hopefully be on our way to North Wales when the result comes in, and atop Snowden on the Sunday.

@GrannyJen , Best wishes for a speedy return from said establishment to the welcoming driving seat of Albert.
We will hopefully be on our way to North Wales when the result comes in, and atop Snowden on the Sunday.

Thank you xxx

However I am going in style...

Tomorrow night I have a party for 60 people in a local hotel to say thank you for all the support given to me and my family over the last few years, then Sunday morning, no doubt with a thunderous hangover, I'm running in the Worthing Race for Life.... before joining my nearest and dearest for multiple hair of the dogs at a local restaurant.

After that.... they can have me :D

Thank you xxx

However I am going in style...

Tomorrow night I have a party for 60 people in a local hotel to say thank you for all the support given to me and my family over the last few years, then Sunday morning, no doubt with a thunderous hangover, I'm running in the Worthing Race for Life.... before joining my nearest and dearest for multiple hair of the dogs at a local restaurant.

After that.... they can have me :D
Jen,
You are amazing. All the best for the run and enjoy your party afterwards and then the Cali-vanting!

We are on the Ardeche and will be here on Thursday. There is an excellent, and free, wi-if here, in the van, so we get all the news as it happens! Not sure if that is getting away from it all but it is handy for the 23rd!

And it is near Lidl's too. Wonderful.

I remember our mortgage interest rate was 15% in the seventies and on a 3 day week. So no, I don't want to go back to the way we were either.

Alan
Yes, I remember that, a dire time. I also remember constant strikes, no electricity when you needed it, shortages of petrol, rubbish piling up in the streets, new cars that broke down as you drove them home, etc
No to going back!

But, the EU now is a bit like we were then!
Who wants to stay with that?

This decision is very difficult but to me we need to concentrate on fundamentals.

How we are governed lies at the root of it all. If you are badly governed, as in the EU, your politicians have no fear of the electorate and this is a recipe for long term failure, financial and otherwise.

Our choice is, do we want to lose the right to govern ourselves or do we,instead want to control what happens in or own country?

Do we want to bequeath self determination to our children or not?

I think, out of respect to the late Jo Cox, we can now follow the lead given by both campaign sides, and hold a moratorium.

The future of this thread had been discussed and it had been agreed that it would be closed on Wednesday evening, when all that could be said had finally been said.

It may be best to lock it now.

I think, out of respect to the late Jo Cox, we can now follow the lead given by both campaign sides, and hold a moratorium.

The future of this thread had been discussed and it had been agreed that it would be closed on Wednesday evening, when all that could be said had finally been said.

It may be best to lock it now.
Agreed, apologies for over enthusiasm

Status
Not open for further replies.