Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ex Hire T6 Ocean

cooky73

cooky73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I went to look at an ex-hire T6 Ocean the other day - it is a 2016 on Autotrader for 38k.

Cheapest T6 Ocean I have seen by miles!

Didn't fancy it in the end because it needed a few cosmetic bits but a cheap van out there for someone who doesn't mind a few scuffs or who has young clumsy kids!

cooky73

cooky73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
By the way they have 3 for sale but the 2014 and 2017 ones where not at Blackburn - they are still being hired I think...

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
If it's just cosmetic and still under warranty you can get the work done...as long as it's reasonable items that's should last.

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
57k miles too. Out of warranty? 3 years worth of inexperienced hands laid upon it every week. But fairly priced. Unlike someone we know in London....

cooky73

cooky73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Everything worked so wasn't a warranty issue - just had some scratches inside and out etc.

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
There's nothing wrong with ex hire vans. I only found out our beach was an ex hire by chance. Other than some scratched paint work everything was in good order and no worse, or better, than normal second hand ones on the market.
Like stated above, if you have kids or not ocd about things it's probably a good buy.

cooky73

cooky73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Noticed Easirent still had the White Cali for sale although it has been SORNed...

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
There's nothing wrong with ex hire vans. I only found out our beach was an ex hire by chance. Other than some scratched paint work everything was in good order and no worse, or better, than normal second hand ones on the market.
Like stated above, if you have kids or not ocd about things it's probably a good buy.
I would be less concerned with a Beach than an Ocean. There is so much that can be messed with in the Ocean. I loaned mine to a friend and they kindly topped up the water tank with diesel before returning it.....

VW California Club