Excited - First VW feature and Front Cover

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
It's not directly California related but some may know I recently wrote an article on the Nest Pod for the California beach including taking all the photographs. I really enjoyed it and the magazine editor was happy with the work.

This then lead to another full bus feature opportunity (my first ever), which involved interviewing the owner, writing the article and doing a full photoshoot of his rather lovely bus.

Much to my delight I discovered that not only did they like my article but my photo was deemed good enough to be on the front cover of VW Bus magazine, a first time someone has done this on their first bus feature. So if you see Issue 83 on the shelves and a rather striking red T6 on the front, I am proud to say it's my work. :) (hopefully I wasn't told incorrectly ;) ) let me know if you see it.

Fingers crossed for more in future. :)

Massive Congratulations Matt, thats really exciting. Time to give up the day job, there's a career in writing for you. :cheers

My VW splittie was featured on the front cover of VW Camper & Bus 6 years ago. The amount of extra attention it grabbed was insane!

Here are some of the pictures the chap took
DSCF0049.JPG DSCF0007.JPG DSCF0020.JPG

It's not directly California related but some may know I recently wrote an article on the Nest Pod for the California beach including taking all the photographs. I really enjoyed it and the magazine editor was happy with the work.

This then lead to another full bus feature opportunity (my first ever), which involved interviewing the owner, writing the article and doing a full photoshoot of his rather lovely bus.

Much to my delight I discovered that not only did they like my article but my photo was deemed good enough to be on the front cover of VW Bus magazine, a first time someone has done this on their first bus feature. So if you see Issue 83 on the shelves and a rather striking red T6 on the front, I am proud to say it's my work. :) (hopefully I wasn't told incorrectly ;) ) let me know if you see it.

Fingers crossed for more in future. :)
Well done Matt! Time to give up the day job? There's a lot of life to enjoy.......

Congratulation Matt!
Any chance to see this picture here around? Hope you get more opportunities like this!

Great stuff Matt , maybe if it's out you can share the pic's and the article here ?

Well done Matt, you must be well chuffed, can we see the cover pic please. :bananadance2

Did I meet you at camper mart??? don't forget what I said!!!!
Nice feature and pics btw...

Did I meet you at camper mart??? don't forget what I said!!!!
Nice feature and pics btw...

Hi David! Yes great to meet you, I hadn’t realised you were on here and was the same David Eccles! I haven’t forgotten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats Matt, looking forward to seeing the mag.

Likewise Matt! Next time we meet we can have a proper chat!

It's on the VW bus FB page now so I can share the cover here :)

51882926_1861818757258106_4935651527504166912_n.jpg

Out tomorrow :)

Looks absolutely beautiful. How many hours washing and detailing to look that good???:thumb

Shame the slider is on the wrong side. :D

Back