Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Excited new members!

M

Minshell

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi - having talked about this for around 10 years, we have just taken ownership of our first campervan in the shape of the new GC680 - very excited about upcoming adventures!
Any good tips on where to find great sites that have plug in facilities - all seems a bit of a minefield - we have dogs, so need dog friendly smaller sites ideally! Are there any good forum's/web sites that recommend?
Finding a few teething issues with the van so any good tips very welcome.
All the very best
Caroline & Richard

Hi - having talked about this for around 10 years, we have just taken ownership of our first campervan in the shape of the new GC680 - very excited about upcoming adventures!
Any good tips on where to find great sites that have plug in facilities - all seems a bit of a minefield - we have dogs, so need dog friendly smaller sites ideally! Are there any good forum's/web sites that recommend?
Finding a few teething issues with the van so any good tips very welcome.
All the very best
Caroline & Richard
Hello Caroline & Richard. I've just become a member (waiting for my new Cali) so have just been having a browse round the forum. I'm also a member of the Camping & Caravan Club which has served me well whilst I've still got my T2. They have loads of great sites, most with hookup facilities. The sites range from large ones with all the bells-and-whistle facilities, to small secluded ones for child free campers (like us). Well worth trying membership for a year to see if it suits you.

:welcome Welcome. Have a look at the Cali Dogs section and you may get some hints and tips on their. Plenty of us travelling with dogs.
What kind do you have?

Oh many thanks ! Slightly crazy we have 3 working cocker spaniels and 2 Dashunds may just travel with the spaniels! All a new experience die us all!

Hi we are on our second trip away in our 680, all good sofar. Only small issue so far is ambient lighting has stopped working, won’t stop our enjoyment and we will book it into VW when we get home.

As newbies ourselves to camping we joined the caravan and motorhome club so far booked some good sites and the app is really useful seeing what’s out there.

Hi we are on our second trip away in our 680, all good sofar. Only small issue so far is ambient lighting has stopped working, won’t stop our enjoyment and we will book it into VW when we get home.

As newbies ourselves to camping we joined the caravan and motorhome club so far booked some good sites and the app is really useful seeing what’s out there.
Hi did you get the lighting to work? Mine has just gone on the blink. The control panel shows the switch is working but I have no lights. Like you say not the end of the world but nice to have it working. Thanks

Hi, I couldn’t work out what was wrong with them, booked into VW along with another few bits and it came back working. At the time didn’t think to ask what was wrong with them.
hope you get them sorted.

mark..

Back