Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

explanation of options

F

fryersfield

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
I am about to order a T6 Ocean and have read the California brochure front ot back. When I go onto websites to price this up i see a lot of options not covered in the brochure, eg 'travel pack' , 'tour pack', type 3 cupboard' etc...

Still reading through the posts so forgive me if these have been answered already:

1. is there a definitive list of options and pictures/explanations of what they are?
2. any disadvantage to buying from cheapest dealer in UK or DTD instead of local dealer?
3. Does the recent VW campaign offering amnufacturers discount to existing VW owners apply to California's

Many thanks

jason

Hi and welcome , some answers above....
think you do good reading here we all know by now (some)dealers are not able to give the info .
Not only a UK problem but EU also.

finally got an email back from the local dealer. they have an august T5 ocean for sale at £49K, that has a list price of £55k with the included extras and about 100 miles on the clock. I think a 10% discount for a 6 month old T5 model doesn't feel as attractive as an 8% discount off a new T6 (assuming I could achieve a similar to discount to that others achieved).

Here is the info I received on the 2 packs:

The Tour Pack consists of, Magnetic Flashlight, Awning in Black, Comfort Mattress, Heavy Duty Stabilisers and Tow Bar Preparation.

The Travel Pack is, Laminated Glass in Cab and privacy Glass in Passenger Compartment, Leather Multi Function Steering Wheel with Controls for Radio and Phone, Auto-dimming Rear-view Mirror, RNS510 Satellite Navigation with DAB+, 3-Zone Climatronic Air Conditioning and Bluetooth.

Thanks for the help

Jason

finally got an email back from the local dealer. they have an august T5 ocean for sale at £49K, that has a list price of £55k with the included extras and about 100 miles on the clock. I think a 10% discount for a 6 month old T5 model doesn't feel as attractive as an 8% discount off a new T6 (assuming I could achieve a similar to discount to that others achieved).

The Tour Pack consists of, Magnetic Flashlight, Awning in Black, Comfort Mattress, Heavy Duty Stabilisers and Tow Bar Preparation.

The Travel Pack is, Laminated Glass in Cab and privacy Glass in Passenger Compartment, Leather Multi Function Steering Wheel with Controls for Radio and Phone, Auto-dimming Rear-view Mirror, RNS510 Satellite Navigation with DAB+, 3-Zone Climatronic Air Conditioning and Bluetooth.

Thanks for the help

Jason
Depends how soon you want the vehicle. Order a T6 now and you might just get it for the Winter Ski season.

Depends how soon you want the vehicle. Order a T6 now and you might just get it for the Winter Ski season.

Really? I ordered mine only 2 weeks ago and I'm assured that I'll receive it by the end of May at the latest.

Really? I ordered mine only 2 weeks ago and I'm assured that I'll receive it by the end of May at the latest.
The Poster hasn't ordered yet.
I do hope your Salesperson is correct.:thumb You obviously have a confirmed build week.

Agree with Spotlight Kid, if you look at T6 Cali delay threads. Orders seem to be speeding up. We have confirmed build week 10 . Only ordered the end of January.
Also if you order before end of March, there are finance offers,service plan & extended warranty available . We got nearly 9% with DTD & £750 contribution from VW if we took out their finance. Which can be paid back. Again see thread in T6.
The options list is a minefield but again lots of helpful threads.
The T6 ocean DAB, Bluetooth & 3 zone climatronic air con are now standard.
What model engine size is the T5 ? DSG ?

Thanks for the help

Jason

I assume from your first post that you have a VW car and you're looking to get the loyalty bonus for. In that case you can fully expect to achieve a standard discount plus an extra £1200 inc VAT. I worked out our total discount at 10.1% inc. loyalty bonus which makes our T6 pretty much the same price as what they offered you for a T5 but with considerably more extras than the two packs they are offering.

Welshgas makes a good point, can't guarantee you'll get a T6 delivered in time for the summer season but looking at the T6 delays thread things seem to be improving considerably over the last 2weeks with confirmed build weeks being much earlier than feared. We ordered last week and I feel good about getting a June/July delivery at the moment (no confirmed dates yet) but if not then we can live with that.

Personally I'd suggest getting a T6 order in asap and take advantage of all of the discounts/bonuses/dealer contributions but entirely accept that for many early delivery is the top priority.

Don't forget the asking price for the T5 is not the bottom line. Negotiate and negotiate hard on that price. It is essentially a second hand vehicle that is 6 months old. The dealer may feel they are in a strong position due to the T6 lead times but ultimately they will want to shift the T5.

Had an option of buying a fully packed T5 SE demo with around 5k miles. The price was even lower than fully packed Beach I've ordered. But most important I've made several test drives of both. The driving experience difference was insane. I have no idea what they've done to T6 but it rides a lot more comfortable and most importantly less noise inside.

Had an option of buying a fully packed T5 SE demo with around 5k miles. The price was even lower than fully packed Beach I've ordered. But most important I've made several test drives of both. The driving experience difference was insane. I have no idea what they've done to T6 but it rides a lot more comfortable and most importantly less noise inside.
That is a little disingenuous, it's like comparing Oranges and Lemons to compare a fully fitted camper with a Beach with regards to driving experience as they are 2 totally different vehicles. I've driven a T5.1 Caravelle and T6 Caravelle and apart from the difference in the BlueMotion Stop-Start it would be extremely difficult to tell them apart based on driving experience. :thumb

In addition to what has been said above regarding discounts / bonus / finance don't forget you can effectively get a 5 year warranty now on a T6 for not much extra although this may disappear when their sales pick up following the emissions scandal. The T5 you were looking at will only have 2.5 years of warranty left if it was registered in August last year.
All depends how badly you want it now I suppose

Thanks for the help

Jason

Hi

Where can you find the price of these packs. I can not see them in the Nov price list.
Thanks,

@fryersfield ... It may only be s hunch but I suspect orders will be grouped by model. I ordered my 204 4 motion DSG Oean in August and it was built in January. Some people ordered theirs a lot later than I did and seemed to have got one at around the same time. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing how VW are managing the builds but I suspect that if this is the case, it may be a while before the same comes around again.

It's all part of the 'order a Cali game'. I'd jump in and order a T6 unless you get a hefty discount off the T5 or you want a want for this summer. Until the build is confirmed , you won't be guaranteed a van for any date though. This is normal for VW. I was originally told 'before Christmas' and I get it a week today (though I've been holding off for a few weeks for the 1 March reg).

VW sales are down despite a buoyant year for car sales so deals must be out there for both T5s &6s

Whatever you decide to do...enjoy!!

• Agree
Reactions: DM
Hi

Where can you find the price of these packs. I can not see them in the Nov price list.
Thanks,
I don't believe these option packs exist on the T6 yet. They certainly didn't in November when I ordered mine. This is part of a classic sales cycle. The T6 is a new vehicle and they don't really need to incentivise behaviour with special packs yet. With the exception of one or two options which include other options (e.g. ACC includes Front Assist) I had to order all my options individually.

I'm sure options packs will emerge over the next few months.

Thanks all for your info. I decided to go with a new T6 as it was effectively only about £1.5K more than their T5 demo model. I got just over 9% discount after a scond round of haggling which also included my exsiting VW owners discount.

The packs I was refering to were included in the 2015 T5 demo model, which he subsequently shared the contents of. I have a confirmed build of week 24( mid June) with delivery c. weeks later.

Now the long wait....

Jason

From personal experience, when talking about obtaining maximum discounts the following route should secure you a well above average if not unbeatable deal:
1. Don't buy new. In the instant that you drive your brand new vehicle out of the showroom you will loose thousands. Let the dealership suffer some of that loss and cushion the blow for you.
2. Most if not all of the dealerships currently have T6 demonstrators. Ring them all until you find one that suits your requirements.
3. Negotiate a deal to buy at the end of the demonstrator period (three months). £1000 deposit should secure the vehicle until it becomes available. Not all dealers will play ball but quite frankly they would be daft not to.

At the moment you should be able to achieve the following discount:
>8% off the new price + £1200 loyalty bonus (if you currently own a VW) + a healthy discount for your T6 having been their demonstrator + £750 if you buy using VW finance. I would think that around 15% should be realistic.

The advantages are:
a. Any commisioning faults should have been discovered by the dealer and rectified by the time you get it.
b. You will probably still get it before the summer really gets going and probably before a new one ordered at the same time. Earlier if its already registered.
c. Dealers very often put extras onto the vehicle to entice the customers and protect their demo vehicle, e.g overcarpets, lifeshine etc. You can often get these included at no extra cost.
d. You will still be eligible to get the current excellent service and warranty deals.
e. Your vehicle should be presented in as new condition at the end of the demo period with any faults rectified without question.
f. You may have to compromise a little on your desired options list but may also find extras included that you hadn't thought of ordering.
g. You will save yourself a lot of money and still end up with your dream vehicle.

The dis-advantages are:
h. You will have to accept that the vehicle will have some demo miles on the clock. In my experience you can sometimes negotiate a maximum acceptable mileage but not always.
i. Some dealers either loan or hire out their demo vehicles. Be sure to enquire about this and only proceed with a dealers that only carry out accompanied test drives.
j. You will loose the first three months of the warrantee.
k. I understand that some insurance companies will not give GAP insurance as the vehicle is no longer classed as new. However the Caravan Club gives a new for old benifit if you insure your pride and joy with them. This benifit gives you new for old replacement for the first two years and they class ex dealer demo vehicles as new.

Finally, make sure that the vehicle is in the same as new condition that it was in when you first agreed to buy it. If it isn't, withhold your payment until the issues are rectified. Any good dealership should rectify any issues without question.

This method is not for everyone and if having a brand new vehicle is what you prefer then good on you. Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited:
Does the 15% realistic discount you outline include the 2 bonus payments you mentioned?

Does the 15% realistic discount you outline include the 2 bonus payments you mentioned?
Yes, but they might not be available at the moment, lots of t's and c's.

Thanks for the replies and still looking for this type of deal on a VW Cali T6 DSG Ocean ex-demo/nearly new.

I ordered a Heated Windscreen (£315) with our Ocean and was told by the dealer that it then meant that the Lights and Vision Pack (£190) had to be added... He wasn't sure why but the configurator wouldn't allow one without the other!!

I need to find out exactly what the L&V pack consists of now...

I ordered a Heated Windscreen (£315) with our Ocean and was told by the dealer that it then meant that the Lights and Vision Pack (£190) had to be added... He wasn't sure why but the configurator wouldn't allow one without the other!!

I need to find out exactly what the L&V pack consists of now...

It's auto headlights, auto windscreen wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror.

We got it too as it was required for the heated windscreen, and while not something I would have ordered the auto headlights are good. Not sure about the auto wipers though!