Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty

Robin Brooke

Robin Brooke

Extended sabaticaal pursuing a passion to climb
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all

Does anyone know if its possible to buy an extended warranty after the original sale e.g. bought 18 months ago, still have 18 months of original warranty to go, but interested in buying an extension?

If your curious the morivation forme is primarilly to cover the various things that go wrong with the habitation area.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Thanks Crispin.

Would be interested to hear if anyone ever managed to find an extended warranty option purchasable after the initial three months post registration.

Mine was ex-demo and was never offered the option.

Has anybody got documentation detailing their VW warranty? I’ve received nothing from either VW or the dealership. Have chased them both but still nothing.

Has anybody got documentation detailing their VW warranty? I’ve received nothing from either VW or the dealership. Have chased them both but still nothing.
No documentation but @Borris has given some good info about the extended warranty and what some dealers try to get away with in the thread linked. It may help.

No documentation but @Borris has given some good info about the extended warranty and what some dealers try to get away with in the thread linked. It may help.
Thanks AlisonF

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210102-002351_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210102-002351_Gallery.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 48
Had to ask for the copy , sent to me by email, and they said it's on the main frame of VW,

Many thanks John. Will request a certificate for mine.
Did you receive anything that details the warranty? What's covered, exclusions, etc?

There are 2 types of Warranty offered by VW, excluding the 3 Yr ( UK only) new registration warranty.
1. The 2 year Factory Extension warranty purchased within 90 days of 1st Registration. The only exclusions on this warranty are wear and tear items, tyres/brake pads/brake disks/clutch etc depending on milage plus service replacement items, cambelt/water pump etc: dependant on milage/time

2. Within a month of the end of the Factory/Extended Factory Warranty you should get a communication from VW Commercial, provided they have upto date contact details, offering an Insurance based Warranty that has many restrictions and limits and depending on the package chosen costs between £400 - 800/year.

NOTE. VW Assistance is for 3 yrs from registration ONLY. It can be extended for £155/2 years but is not included in the Factory Warranty extension nor the Insurance based warranty.

Same here, I have no proof of the 5 year extended warranty other than the salesman's say so.
I have chased mine with the dealer too with no luck.

Same here, I have no proof of the 5 year extended warranty other than the salesman's say so.
I have chased mine with the dealer too with no luck.
I’ll get onto them again this week. Can’t be hard to issue a certificate/document can it!?

I’ll get onto them again this week. Can’t be hard to issue a certificate/document can it!?
Breeze are waiting to get the certificate from the 'Brand Support Rep' whoever that is.
They were quick enough to turn down my claim to get the extra warranty for £30 as others got but can't even get me a receipt for my full £400 payment!

I do have a paper copy of the warranty receipt, which states 5 year Extension upto 80k miles.
I asked for a copy as part of the completion of sale, it was provided during final signing and hand over.
your dealer should issue you this, there were a lot of issues a few years back, with VW not recognising extended warranty due to them operating two systems.
use the search function “Elsa“ for a fuller explanation.

Last edited:
Hi all

Does anyone know if its possible to buy an extended warranty after the original sale e.g. bought 18 months ago, still have 18 months of original warranty to go, but interested in buying an extension?

If your curious the morivation forme is primarilly to cover the various things that go wrong with the habitation area.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
I was in a similar position, I decided to wait until the end of the 3 year VW warranty and look at options. VW extended warranty is expensive with very limited cover. I bought a 3 year warranty with Warranty Direct. It seemed to offer the best balance of price and cover.

I was in a similar position, I decided to wait until the end of the 3 year VW warranty and look at options. VW extended warranty is expensive with very limited cover. I bought a 3 year warranty with Warranty Direct. It seemed to offer the best balance of price and cover.

Attachments

• Warranty Direct.JPG
    Warranty Direct.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 39
Hi Folks, just to reinforce the need to get evidence/certificate for your extended warranty. I spoke with VW chat today to ask them about my warranty and they told me that their systems showed my vehicle (received inJanuary) as having the basic 3 year warranty and that I needed to speak to my dealer to find out what had happened. This afternoon my dealer emailed me the extended warranty certificate clearly showing all the correct information. I have registered a request with VW customer service to ensure this information is correctly recorded. This is not something to leave until a few years down the line....

I have no "certificate" for an extended VW warranty. Just on the original invoice, called into our local dealer a month after purchasing the van and they checked on the system and it shows the cover. No worries about a certificate, No issues with warranty claims since the original 3 years expired.

Be glad to hear about this GG, as I’m buying through Eurovans too

Make all (ALL) paper work a condition of handover !

Be glad to hear about this GG, as I’m buying through Eurovans too
Hi @66tim99 I spoke to Victor last week on a different subject but mentioned that I still had nothing from VW confirming my extended warranty. He assured me that it is in place as detailed on the invoice I have. I will still chase VW for some paperwork again in due course.

I’ve not had any sort of certificate on either van, just made sure it is shown as an item on the purchase invoice.

Hi @66tim99 I spoke to Victor last week on a different subject but mentioned that I still had nothing from VW confirming my extended warranty. He assured me that it is in place as detailed on the invoice I have. I will still chase VW for some paperwork again in due course.
Hi GG,
I managed to get this from David at Eurovans today. Feel much more confident now.

94552F3A-10C7-44EC-A2BA-577DCD9C68A1.jpeg

Back