Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty

californiakid

californiakid

Vehicle
T5 Beach
October 2015-purchase extended warranty for peace of mind . Dealer issues invoice stating covered by 5year warranty. Months later request documentation, none forthcoming . Call VWCS sorry sir but we have no record of your vehicle being covered . Several calls on letter received from VWCS confirming covered but no proper docs. This has been mine and others experience from day one. It appears that extended warranty is recorded on two different databases hence VWCS think you're not covered . My experience is that Service managers, VWCS advisors, all tell a different story . The word I THINK is commonly used by all. Don't let this put you off purchasing the warranty , just be prepared to stand your ground and go through the plethora of phone calls it takes . From my experience its better to have than have not .. Certainly from VW its systems need revising to give customers the correct docs etc.

October 2015-purchase extended warranty for peace of mind . Dealer issues invoice stating covered by 5year warranty. Months later request documentation, none forthcoming . Call VWCS sorry sir but we have no record of your vehicle being covered . Several calls on letter received from VWCS confirming covered but no proper docs. This has been mine and others experience from day one. It appears that extended warranty is recorded on two different databases hence VWCS think you're not covered . My experience is that Service managers, VWCS advisors, all tell a different story . The word I THINK is commonly used by all. Don't let this put you off purchasing the warranty , just be prepared to stand your ground and go through the plethora of phone calls it takes . From my experience its better to have than have not .. Certainly from VW its systems need revising to give customers the correct docs etc.

Just a thought-if you or anyone knows of someone in connection with VW could make known our dilemma it might make a difference ,,:thumb:thumb:thumb

Never had any paperwork. Apart from the sales invoice (both for extended warranty and service plan. )As we purchased the van, not from our usual service local dealer. After a few weeks pop into our local dealer Breeze at Totton who checked and confirmed both purchases were on VW systems as you say there are 2 different systems record these extras.

For what its worth the two data bases are called SAGA/2 and Elsa Pro. The dealer should register yr extended warranty with VWCS and get a reply confirming such. I suggest asking your dealer for copy of the confirmatory reply (an email). Then you have evidence. I did this when I bought me van and have have copies of both the registering email and the confirmation. An invoice from your dealer is not confirmation you are registered.

Back