Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
We took out the two year extended warranty on our van back in August however on a recent visit to the dealer to have our side bars fitted the dealer said our warranty expires in three years and not five, I have been trying to contact the dealer that supplied our Cali but I am getting no response, is it normal to take so long? Surely it should be virtually instant?

Some other's have had issues with dealers not registering warranty. Due to this I checked mine when in for 1st service and found on system ok. It should show on your invoice that you have paid. If on invoice and not on the system you may have a bit of a fight on your hands.

They only register the extension every 3 months and then it's on a different system. Ring VWCS and ask, they'll confirm it's registered. I had read about the missing registrations here and asked at the dealership I'd bought it but they didn't have it on their system...but it is ok.

Ours was purchased over 4 months ago, it is not on our invoice as they threw it in as part of our deal and is not even itemised on the sales invoice

I had to pester for the invoice & I'd paid for mine.

Give VWCS a ring, they are very helpful (and that's with me positively hating VWs customer service) & they will confirm if you have it.

If you don't, then it's back to the dealer for a *discussion*.

Vw customer services says my warranty is just the standard 3 years and told me I need to contact the dealer, dealer is being less than helpful.

Why is everything a struggle with Volkswagen?

Ah, sorry, you said you'd talked to a dealer & I know they didn't have my extra 2 years on their system when I asked mine because it's recorded on a different system.

Think strong letter to the dealer then, if you aren't getting anywhere ringing.

urs was purchased over 4 months ago, it is not on our invoice as they threw it in as part of our deal and is not even itemised on the sales invoice
We got ours as part of the deal and it and other extra's which were part of the deal were written/itemised and priced on invoice.

there are 2 VW systems - one shows services paid up front and another that list warranty status. any dealer can log into them.

Just finalised my extended warranty today!! A big thank you to this Forum as I would not have known about this without the forum.
My dealer gave me no info and even when cornered initially quoted £700 odd for a single extra year.
Thanks to you guys I finally got the £329 for additional 2 years or 80000 miles factory warranty deal
I have copies of all paperwork incase there is any further attempt at backsliding.

Many Thanks to all the Contributors

Back