Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extending Child Safety Net

M

MarcoPolo888

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
The Child Safety Net supplied with our T6.1 is not high enough for our active 15 month old grandson. I am therefore planning on adapting it by sewing some extra netting to make it reach the roof plus adding extra fibreglass rods at the front and sides. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a similar type of netting to buy by the meter please? The VW netting is 10mm x 7mm so a mesh size of 8mm would seem fine.

Mmmmm .. I am sorry to poor a little bit of a damp squib on your plans but I was heading down a similar route with my grandson a couple of years ago .. and then I realised that whatever I do he will always be able to get out .. and as he wakes up most nights, I know I would have been on tenterhooks until dawn .. so he has been sleeping on the bottom bed with an adult. He’s now three and this year will be his first on the top bed.
you might be fortunate enough to have a good sleeper on your hands and if so .. congrats .. it might work for you.

I didn’t get as far as finding meeting .. my plan was to buy an extra net some someone who isn’t needing it and add it on.