Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

External stove

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am looking at buying an external stove for cooking outside but I am not sure whether to go for an attachment for my 907 or use the disposable type ones (C206 I think they are) ? Obviously if I use my 907 it means I need to keep disconnecting it as I don't particularly want to carry a spare with me, also I am assuming the small disposable ones are not very cost effective?

Any tips please?

if we have power on site i use a small electric flat plate griddle .if not i use the small cooker with throw away gas bottles .or the cobb bbq .

Cheers guys, just need to convince the missus we need yet another cooking implement for the Cali :lol:

You can never have enough stoves :rofl :rofl :rofl you need also to carry a spare incase the first one won't light :rofl :rofl

Agree with Kev on this one... Never can have enough.

We've always had a burner that goes on top of the 907 but that's because we've always carried a spare 907.

Also modified a Cadac safari chef so it can sit on top of a 907... Never used it much though.

Recently however we bought 2 of the little stoves with the disposable cartridges for £9.99 each including 4 cartridges... We've also got a cast iron griddle plate that goes on top of both of them.

Ideal for a full breakfast, or a rapid BBQ substitute... Works a treat.

Found cylinders seem to last for 4 or 5 breakfasts plus 4 BBQs.

Martin,

Not sure if it's something you'd be interested in but i have a very lightly used Camping Chef Plus to get rid of -

Linky

23548.jpg

and the carry bag -

22936.jpg

Linky

Thanks Stu that looks good, but i ordered a camping gaz Bistro stove yesterday on Amazon, i am sure i will be buying another cooking device next month though to add to the collection in the garage!

We use a Coleman dual fuel dual burner stove, excellent bit of kit.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/Coleman-Dual-Fuel-2-Burner-Stove-.html

Everything fits inside the case, runs for ages on a full tank of fuel and has masses of power if you need it to boil the kettle super quick.

We picked ours up secondhand from fleabay for a good price.

We don't use Coleman fuel though, far too expensive. Buy a 5 litre bottle of Aspen 4T from a local stockist, it burns much more cleanly and is a fraction of the price. Don't use unleaded either, it smells horrible!

I top up the stove fuel tank every time we go away and I haven't yet had it run out over a weekend tip. I carry one of these with spare fuel just in case

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/msr-fuel-bottle-30oz-p149228

Our backup is a Trangia meths stove. Also used for frying especially eggy bread. Stops the van reeking of frying!

We have a single burner camping gaz stove, similar to what martin t5wob uses:
http://www.campingaz.com/uk/p-25974-camp-bistro.aspx

Brilliant little thing, i've only used 4 fuel canisters in the 3 years i've had it :eek:
Like everyone else i cook me bacon on it to save stinking the van out. Ideal for use on uneven ground as well, much more stable than some of the other small burners you can get.

Back