Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra seats

britwinger

britwinger

VIP Member
Does anyone know the cost of two single seats sliding and rotating if bought after van has left factory. To go into three seater rear beach area thanks Alan

A single seat from vw is £750 plus vat but I bought two and a table for £650 off gumtree

why is the mark up so high from factory fit option at 700 for a pair of seats and thanks for your replies

why is the mark up so high from factory fit option at 700 for a pair of seats and thanks for your replies

Because they can ! Also to encourage people to get them as option when buying new.

Re: Extra seats ref nsnk

where and who gave you the price of 750 for seats alan

britwinger said:
where and who gave you the price of 750 for seats alan

There's a Polish site that will sell you the seats for £750 - interestingly these come with a storage drawer which UK ones don't (I think).

James

Custard said:
- interestingly these come with a storage drawer which UK ones don't (I think).

James

My uk, factory 7 seater, came with drawers.

Custard said:
- interestingly these come with a storage drawer which UK ones don't (I think).

James

My uk, factory 7 seater, came with drawers.

has anyone dealt with the dealer from poland what experience did you get with them

There's a Polish site that will sell you the seats for £750 - interestingly these come with a storage drawer which UK ones don't (I think).

All 5th Cali seats I have seen in Uk have drawer under them.

has anyone dealt with the dealer from poland what experience did you get with them

Not dealt with him, but he always has Cali & T5 parts on ebay. Seat is plus £60 delivery from Poland.

These do come up on ebay as an auction occasionally & usually are cheaper than this one.

Andy said:

All 5th Cali seats I have seen in Uk have drawer under them.

Not dealt with him, but he always has Cali & T5 parts on ebay. Seat is plus £60 delivery from Poland.

These do come up on ebay as an auction occasionally & usually are cheaper than this one.

Andy

I have seen seats for the Beach with and without the drawer and i believe the drawer is an expensive option for the seats - so I wasn't sure if UK Beaches came with drawers or not.

I have seen California 5th Seats cheaper - but not the specific extra seats for the Beach.

James

Just to help anyone with regard to 5th seats.
All of the Cali single rear swivel captains seats are the same as the caravelle seats with exactly the same fixings and all i have seen come with storage drawers.
Only difference is that the vast majority (though not all) of used single seats available over here are caravelle ones with anthracite (dark grey ) plastics and have anthracite cloth or leather, and the cali ones are cloth or leather with light grey plastics.
A single seat form a caravelle can be bought from anywhere between £350-£750 each and I have many in stock (anthracite though!).
If anyone needs any advice i would be glad to help.
Colin

What's involved in adding a 5th seat Colin. At roughly what cost?

Stu said:
What's involved in adding a 5th seat Colin. At roughly what cost?
Biggest problem is the flooring.!
If you don't have a third rail we can fit one for you.
1 used rail is around £150-175. inc trim/bolts etc. more if you want brand new top ali trim as these are around £25 each from vw and there are 2 per rail. Used ones are always marked.
Fitting involves van on ramp removing belly plastics ,heat shields, handbrake cable, dropping exhaust etc.
Chassis brackets are around £20 for enough to fit 1 rail.
Drilling and bolting rail in through floor/chassis is not too complicated, its cutting through the flooring around the new rail which is the pain as you will already have the cali floor in which would be difficult to remove. The floor would have to be cut in situ, which is a lot of work to do accurately so the top trim fits perfectly to cover the edges. all doable though. Difficult one to price but if its all day for 2 men then prob £350 labour, same as a caravelle full rail fitting.
Seat would be on top of this of course and would require a bit of hunting to get a matching seat.
No VAT yet.....
Hope this helps
Colin

Thanks for that :thumb

So about £500 all in, not as bad as I thought.

Once I see you've transferred the cash into my account. :laugh2

britwinger said:

Ive used them before for small T5 parts I needed to replace and the service and items have been good.

I've met Colin (OxfordT5 on here and T4/T5 forum) and bought parts from him previously.

Think last thing I had from him was a T5 Multiflex Board.

Top bloke, knows what he's on about.

M

Back