Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

F1 time again.

Norris made the right decision although it took many laps of cajoling to make him see sense. Overall a fascinating dual all round. Good to see some new faces on the podium for a change.

Norris made the right decision although it took many laps of cajoling to make him see sense. Overall a fascinating dual all round. Good to see some new faces on the podium for a change.
I can understand Norris wanting the extra 7 points from finishing first, but agree he did the right thing as was only in the lead due to him pitting first

I can understand Norris wanting the extra 7 points from finishing first, but agree he did the right thing as was only in the lead due to him pitting first
The pit had to spell it out for him though. I have never heard such direct and emphatic discussions over the radio. As the pit said he won't win a championship without the assistance of his teammate and most importantly the team. He made is point and showed Piastri was unable to bridge the gap. Norris was the defacto winner but saw the light and played the long game.

The pit had to spell it out for him though. I have never heard such direct and emphatic discussions over the radio. As the pit said he won't win a championship without the assistance of his teammate and most importantly the team. He made is point and showed Piastri was unable to bridge the gap. Norris was the defacto winner but saw the light and played the long game.
...Though his continued refusal to slow down and save tyres and allow Oscar to re-pass as directed, made him appear arrogant, childish and not a team player. a la Vettel with the ''Multi 2-1'' of a few years ago.

The team literally had to beg / demand / threaten to get him to do the right thing. He lost me as a fan on Sunday.

Oscar, on the other hand behaved with class and covered himself in glory.

...Though his continued refusal to slow down and save tyres and allow Oscar to re-pass as directed, made him appear arrogant, childish and not a team player. a la Vettel with the ''Multi 2-1'' of a few years ago.

The team literally had to beg / demand / threaten to get him to do the right thing. He lost me as a fan on Sunday.

Oscar, on the other hand behaved with class and covered himself in glory.
I think most champion drivers in history have a selfish, ruthless streak. Norris is showing this side and it's not unexpected. Just look at the likes of Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher and Prost et al. They all have/had a take no prisoners route to championship wins. It seems to go with the territory. Not sure if Norris would move over again, especially if Verstappen was a little closer points wise.

I think most champion drivers in history have a selfish, ruthless streak. Norris is showing this side and it's not unexpected. Just look at the likes of Verstappen, Senna, Schumacher and Prost et al. They all have/had a take no prisoners route to championship wins. It seems to go with the territory. Not sure if Norris would move over again, especially if Verstappen was a little closer points wise.
Schumacher was the most selfish, I remember him taking out Damon Hill in 1994, I think, to prevent him winning the Championship

Schumacher was the most selfish, I remember him taking out Damon Hill in 1994, I think, to prevent him winning the Championship
I remember that. How the cars have changed over the last 30 years

One of Patrick Heads most famous and used stories, how the cleaner in the Williams museum polished off that tyre mark one day. He was adamant it reduced the cars value by half.
If I had a pound for every time I’ve listened to him re tell that!

I think it could be the inspiration for my sobriquet?

I concur. However Lando is marketed in a different age, with social media and fan interaction / meet and greets, etc, coupled with live radio chat etc to a degree that those others dd not have.

He has also won precisely one race, whereas most of the others you mention had at least one World Title under their belts before they became arrogant, ruthless tits.

You can be ruthless and determined, yet still be a considerate team player, as many other world champs have demonstrated.

Let us hope he learns some humility from the incident and that Oscar continues to challenge him and Max for poles and wins.

I concur. However Lando is marketed in a different age, with social media and fan interaction / meet and greets, etc, coupled with live radio chat etc to a degree that those others dd not have.

He has also won precisely one race, whereas most of the others you mention had at least one World Title under their belts before they became arrogant, ruthless tits.

You can be ruthless and determined, yet still be a considerate team player, as many other world champs have demonstrated.

Let us hope he learns some humility from the incident and that Oscar continues to challenge him and Max for poles and wins.
I don't know. Verstappen was a dick from the getgo. Very aggressive driver. His father taught him well.

And he certainly knows how to spin it. Now its not a case of giving up the top rung on the podium but losing it at the first turn. Clearly his PR guys/gals are earning their keep.