Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Facelift, T6, new model

caligraphy said:
A big plug-in hybrid would be nice using the Golf GTE technology but with more battery capacity (given the greater weight of the vehicle this would make sense). The driving batteries could even double as leisure batteries. Charge up at the camping ground with say, a 150km range to get to the next one or do some local touring. On a long run it wouldn't be far behind the diesel in economy. As a daily driver it would beat the diesel hands down. Small runs soot up the DPF, aren't good for the engine and are not particularly economical in a diesel.

A hybrid could also get the Cali into the US whereas a diesel may never get there.

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
I thought the Westfalia museum had closed and the vehicles sold, around 2009? I would love to visit it if it is still open - have you visited it recently?

Edit: found this. Looks like they're trying to get the band back together:
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=

I went there around 2006 from memory so things may have changed. I do have photos of all the old buses and early caravans.

Almost certainly there will be a plug in hybrid - I've been tracking the Golf GTE quite closely. It's loosely based on the Jetty (non plug in) hybrid Jetta sold in the US and a direct relative of the A3 E Tron.

Plug in Hybrid surely has to be a way forward for the T6, i agree with the benefits.

James

Isn’t that the Beach Camper renamed !
I thought having two “beach “ models maybe Caused too much confusion

edit

Nevertheless, the Surf's cabin is kitted out with a gas hob and a stainless steel sink as part of its kitchen arrangements, along with a pop-up canvas roof.

Buyers can choose between four and seven-seat configurations inside, with a bench seat that can be converted into a bed. Coupled with the onboard loft bed, the California Surf can comfortably sleep a family of four, according to Volkswagen.

Back