Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California T6 (150ps model) is affected by VW Emissions Scandal

I stand to be corrected but I don't remember a 150PS Euro 5 engine...

Untitled.gif

Sit back, have a glass of wine, think of Paris and France and what will be will be.

No point getting in a fret, winding yourselves up, threatening to sue and as in the previous thread on this subject then find there's nothing to sue about.

I'm just back from a weekend away and as far as I am concerned the Cali could be born with Two horns and breathing fire out of it's nose *** and it is still THE most enjoyable, competent and complete vehicle I have ever owned.

*** I have been assured by VWCS that should it breath fire out of it's nose emissions will be well within Euro 6 standards :shocked

I have owned many VWs since the mid 1980s. Polo x1, Golfs x 4, Passats x 4, Transporter T4 panel van x 1 and now a 2015 T5 Cali SE 180dsg 4motion. Oh and 2 x VW based Skodas. All but the Polo and the first Skoda were/are diesel powered. At least six of these vehicles were either brand new or dealer demos.
I have never driven any of these vehicles in a hard fashion save for the odd regular blast to clear out the muck to keep the engine sweet. Being interested in the actual mpg figures, I have always carried out brim to brim tests on each of these vehicles. I can honestly say that I have never had any trouble in easily achieving the stated mpg figures for each particular vehicle. Apart from a couple of anoying teathing problems on a mk4 Golf, they have all been excellent vehicles and have done exactly what was stated on the tin!

We have just taken our latest VW, the aformentioned well optioned Cali, on an extended shake down test around north England and Wales. Before leaving, I took it to our local weigh bridge and fully loaded with my wife and I and a full tank of diesel but no water, it weighed in at 2.9 tonnes. After our tour, this vehicle now has just over 2500 miles on the clock. Whilst we haven't yet got around to carrying out any long term mpg tests over mixed driving conditions, we did take the opportunity to see what this new vehicle would do on our long motorway trip north. Driving on clear roads at night for several hours with cruise control set at 56 mph, the trip computor gave an average reading of 44 mpg. By comparison, the brim to brim result was 41.4 mpg. We used BP Ultima diesel. Whilst of course, not being in any way representative of day to day driving mpg, I was astounded at how economical this vehicle was on this first short and very limited test.
The VW brochure (April 2015) gives the following mpg figures for this model:
Urban: 29.1 mpg Extra urban: 37.7 mpg Combined: 34 mpg

If I had a 150ps on order I would demand a free upgrade to a 204ps, at the end of the day it is misadvertising by VW as the MPG figures are incorrect, this could also mean poorer residuals for the 150ps version.

Below is another link...

This has nothing to do with the software defeat device it is new and affects CO2 and MPG and adds petrol as well as diesel engines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...cars-incorrect-CO2-emissions-mpg-figures.html
My understanding is that there are two different issues:
1 Defeat device software fitted to show artificial low levels of Nox - the California and T6 (euro 6 engine) are definitely not affected.
2 New revelation about a test cheat to show artificial low levels of Co2. The 150ps T6 engine is allegedly affected.
I have not studied all the info available so I am happy to be Told I am completely wrong and I hope I am.

The biggest evolution with the T6 was always going to be the new super duper euro 6 squeaky clean, vastly improved mpg engines, but this may not be the case. VW pr dept must be tearing their hair out.

The biggest evolution with the T6 was always going to be the new super duper euro 6 squeaky clean, vastly improved mpg engines, but this may not be the case. VW pr dept must be tearing their hair out.
VWs own press release to the media states that the T6 is affected by the latest issue relating to CO2 emissions, the salient question relevant to this forum - does this include the T6 California or not?

It would be great if the scope of the T6 involvement could be confirmed by a VW representative on this forum.

VWs own press release to the media states that the T6 is affected by the latest issue relating to CO2 emissions, the salient question relevant to this forum - does this include the T6 California or not?

It would be great if the scope of the T6 involvement could be confirmed by a VW representative on this forum.

I couldn't get a VW representative to confirm whether or not my vehicle had a battery or not :)

Sit back, or better still drive on, if there's a problem then it will all get fixed in the fullness of time.

As for residuals, the main event at the party I went to on Sunday was people gathering around the plumbers van outside going "oh wow! Oh Fab! Oh Brill! Where can I get one!"....

We in this forum are the most critical audience. In the non-cali world it is still the vehicle to aspire to so for goodness sake, stop the internal naval gazing and get on with enjoying the best camper in the world allowing you to have the best lifestyle in the world!

Granny has spoken!

I couldn't get a VW representative to confirm whether or not my vehicle had a battery or not :)

Sit back, or better still drive on, if there's a problem then it will all get fixed in the fullness of time.

As for residuals, the main event at the party I went to on Sunday was people gathering around the plumbers van outside going "oh wow! Oh Fab! Oh Brill! Where can I get one!"....

We in this forum are the most critical audience. In the non-cali world it is still the vehicle to aspire to so for goodness sake, stop the internal naval gazing and get on with enjoying the best camper in the world allowing you to have the best lifestyle in the world!

Granny has spoken!

But we need to consider...

Have you thought about...

Don't you think that...

Ok Granny:)

Roll back the archives to pre-emission scandal.
Try to find a post about cO2 emission levels.

Nobody cared. Why care now.

Roll back the archives to pre-emission scandal.
Try to find a post about cO2 emission levels.

Nobody cared. Why care now.

Because the vehicle tax is based partly on the CO2 emission level. If the T6 150 is shown to have higher CO2 emissions than its current rating then the tax band might change. Alternatively, if VW lower the CO2 emissions via a software fix then performance will suffer. Either is going to be undesirable for owners.

Because the vehicle tax is based partly on the CO2 emission level. If the T6 150 is shown to have higher CO2 emissions than its current rating then the tax band might change. Alternatively, if VW lower the CO2 emissions via a software fix then performance will suffer. Either is going to be undesirable for owners.

I agree with the above in part but the DoT have already stated that they will not retrospectively change tax bands for registered vehicles.

Below is another link...

This has nothing to do with the software defeat device it is new and affects CO2 and MPG and adds petrol as well as diesel engines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/ca...cars-incorrect-CO2-emissions-mpg-figures.html

Hi I followed link and found another link taking me to the VW site where they deal with enquiries.
I entered my vin and was told that my Ocean 2016 204 dsg was not affected.
So my assumption and hard to believe is that my CO2 is 169 and combined is still 44.1mpg. I say hard to believe as the newer 204’s have specifications 10-20% different?
My car has been into the dealer now twice. First time I was invited for a free 12 month checkover (2017), second was its recent first service. I have never been told that an update is required.
All very interesting, let’s hope for clarity soon.

Just booked the Cali for its first service and it was confirmed that no software updates are required :thumb

Back