Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Accessories For Sale Factory springs

Volkywagen

Volkywagen

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
vw removed the original springs and lowered my cali 300mm, im therefore left with an original set. They will have covered approx 7 miles!

Oct 17 150 DSG OCEAN.

I'm open to offers, will be pickup only from warrington. Unsure how much they are worth but I'm open to sensible offers if anybody on here is interested. I'll give it a few weeks before I put them on eBay if anybody wants them. PM me and I'll send some pictures if needed. Cheers.

If they lowered your cali by 300mm, I think you are in trouble Paul!

Wow 300ml drop? You are going to have a rough ride and watch out for those sleeping policemen!!

In regards to the springs, I would take them down the dump, I tried to give mine away for two years and did not have one bite

I intend to keep mine for the time being just in case we don't like the ride with the lowered suspension

ok ok ok!!! 30mm!!

agreed on the re-sale, but worth a try, you never know if anybody might need a set.

I did the first 300 miles over the weekend in the van, i cant say i know what the previous ride would be like on standard suspension however it seems very planted and im over the moon with it, the lowered look is also very subtle and nice. The factory original spec was just a little to high for me.

Might be worth sticking them in the loft, as you never know when it comes to sell it on might be nice to give the new owner original springs in case they don't want a lowered vehicle.
Are you running 18's too? Trying to see from your pic, looks like Palmaston's. If so, you're obviously happy with the ride, which is good to hear, thinking of going to 18's myself.

Might be worth sticking them in the loft, as you never know when it comes to sell it on might be nice to give the new owner original springs in case they don't want a lowered vehicle.
Are you running 18's too? Trying to see from your pic, looks like Palmaston's. If so, you're obviously happy with the ride, which is good to hear, thinking of going to 18's myself.

yes good idea, although the box is huge so ill probably just weigh them in for the scrap!
Ref the wheels, yest they are the Palmerstons on 18s. As above ive never had one on different wheels or suspension so i couldn't comment but its one hell of a smooth and comfy ride, would highly recommend (not that the wheels would make a lot of difference!) It certainly helped on the M56 on Saturday during those heavy winds staying in the correct lane!
Borbet do some great wheels, ive always had Mk 1 and 2 golfs and mainly ran 16s and 17s, however the borbet wheels always looked the part and suit the entire VW range, old or new.

I'm in the same boat & there do seem to be sold listings on eBay, seems to be luck of the draw whether there's a nearby punter. Springs are in a big box taking up valuable cellar room & too good for the tip.

I thought I may have made a mistake with 30mm lowering kit & 18" Sportlines, but I've got used to it now after a few weeks & having to take it easier over speed bumps is a fair price for vastly reduced roll / increased confidence around roundabouts & slip roads.

I'm in the same boat & there do seem to be sold listings on eBay, seems to be luck of the draw whether there's a nearby punter. Springs are in a big box taking up valuable cellar room & too good for the tip.

I thought I may have made a mistake with 30mm lowering kit & 18" Sportlines, but I've got used to it now after a few weeks & having to take it easier over speed bumps is a fair price for vastly reduced roll / increased confidence around roundabouts & slip roads.

agreed. I wonder if they are the same springs as the standard transporter/caravelle etc etc, if so then that would widen the market, and could possibly be used in crash repair garages.
30mm drop isn't a huge amount really, only a trained eye can see the difference from a far and it looks the part i think. as for body roll, i couldn't really comment as i never did a test drive but it is firm and will most certainly do for me.
On a bad note, it puts the exhaust for the aux heater closer to any potential flammable items ie dry grass so will have to watch where its parked on dry spells. No risk of dry spells up here at the moment, its a constant wash out!!

I bought my 2016 Cali specifically because it also was lowered ( i believe by 30mm not 300m) and it was the difference in getting it to fit in the garage! The gagrage pictured one pictured left where the previous splitty fitted no probs ! The ride is fabulously firm. You do feel the bumps more but or balance easily better and a much underrated moderation only spotted by a trained eye.

agreed. I wonder if they are the same springs as the standard transporter/caravelle etc etc, if so then that would widen the market, and could possibly be used in crash repair garages.
30mm drop isn't a huge amount really, only a trained eye can see the difference from a far and it looks the part i think. as for body roll, i couldn't really comment as i never did a test drive but it is firm and will most certainly do for me.
On a bad note, it puts the exhaust for the aux heater closer to any potential flammable items ie dry grass so will have to watch where its parked on dry spells. No risk of dry spells up here at the moment, its a constant wash out!!

They are the same T6 T28/T30 panel van springs and also shared across the T5.
You could try them on eBay but I wouldn't mention they are from a T6 Cali as that will confuse many thinking they are not suitable.
The most likely buyer is someone with a broken rear coil MOT failure or someone with spaceship mileage wanting to refresh things.
Just sell them as delivery mileage VW T5/6 T28/30 springs and picture the colour markings on the front and rear springs and you will improve your chances of a sale.

They are the same T6 T28/T30 panel van springs and also shared across the T5.
You could try them on eBay but I wouldn't mention they are from a T6 Cali as that will confuse many thinking they are not suitable.
The most likely buyer is someone with a broken rear coil MOT failure or someone with spaceship mileage wanting to refresh things.
Just sell them as delivery mileage VW T5/6 T28/30 springs and picture the colour markings on the front and rear springs and you will improve your chances of a sale.
I need to remove this post. They sold on a favourable auction site two days after I put them on.

I need to remove this post. They sold on a favourable auction site two days after I put them on.

How much did you list them on for? We have got a set of delivery milage springs. There are some on for £80 but not sure if thats realistic.