Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Failte - Welcome

Only spotted this section now. Coast owner, living in Cavan (in exile from Kildare!). We’ve had our Coast Edition for 3 years (this is our second one) and have travelled all around Ireland and across Europe with it. I love it to bits! Will watch out for you all on the high-ways and by-ways! 88C812A3-9997-4EF5-806A-FDEEAAB608ED.jpeg

As a family of 3, wanted a spot for the 8 year old on windy nights when we dont feel safe opening the pop top - a air matress from decathlon tucked down one of the side doors and then inflated creates quite good support even with nothing between the seats proping it up, handy for emergencies.

20220208_154746.jpg

Hi all,
although my profile states Brighton I'm actually split between there and Cork, driving a Boxdrive.

Good to have this forum section and thanks all for setting it up.

Great to see an Irish section. We have had our Cali for 10 years . It’s been good to see more on the roads here in last 2 or 3 years. We are in the North and don’t have any good dealers so am interested if anyone can recommend a dealer on the island .

Great to see an Irish section. We have had our Cali for 10 years . It’s been good to see more on the roads here in last 2 or 3 years. We are in the North and don’t have any good dealers so am interested if anyone can recommend a dealer on the island .
Hi when we picked our coast up the dealer told us that in the future only some VW dealers will be selling Californias,

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well, that could be a good thing. Those VW dealers will gather more experience about the VW campers.

The bad thing is that the advantage to have a VW dealer close by to look after the camper might be gone.

Well, let's see which VW Commercial dealer will keep the California line.

Regardes,
Eberhard

Hi Alison
We have an ocean on order since July 2021 with Frank Keane in Dublin, have to say they are brilliant. Sales rep calls us every month with an update. He called us today and we are looking at a June / July delivery.

Hello,

We bought our T6 California Ocean for years ago and our Grand California 600 from Frank Keane in Liffey Valley last July.

During the 4x years we had our T6 we had very good support. But that was mainly based on one Support person. He was very good. He understood that a camper is not like a normal car. Looking back over those 4x years I spend some time there - pure man. :) .

With our long list of issues with the Grand California support was brilliant. I really cannot say anything against them. For instance when I made an appointment and parked the camper, got my things together and left the camper somebody from Support was already waiting for me. Can you imagine that? Also waiting times for spares were kind of ok. For some parts I read that users wait for months I got them within a week. When parts were available Frank Keane Support always installed them straight away. I never had to wait longer as nesscary.

The bad thing is that the one of the Support person, which was very good, left Frank Keane. I hope they found a new one, which understands that a camper, and their owners, are different.

Obviously I will continue to go to Frank Keane in Liffey Valley. It is only 25 km away from us, so on top of everything it is convenient to get there.

Happy Grand Califronia,
Eberhard

Hi Eber

We were dealing with one particular sales person in Frank Keane (great guy!) last time we spoke to him was January so wondering if that’s recent the person you mention leaving ? (Must give them a shout and see how things are with our order)

Hi Eber

We were dealing with one particular sales person in Frank Keane (great guy!) last time we spoke to him was January so wondering if that’s recent the person you mention leaving ? (Must give them a shout and see how things are with our order)
Hello,

At the moment I am out and about, but I should be back later in the afternoon. Iwill send you a pm with more details.

Regards,
Eberhard

20220302_150336.jpg
Do Irish sites allow you to reserve your camper pitch when you are driving off for the day with one of these or is it not done?

Hi Eber

Dear @GracieCali_IRE,

I tried to send a PM, but with no luck "... you may not start a conversation ...".

Do you have a full member account?

Regards,
Eberhard

Dear @GracieCali_IRE,

I tried to send a PM, but with no luck "... you may not start a conversation ...".

Do you have a full member account?

Regards,
Eberhard
Hi Eberhard, I thought it was full member but I will check and see if I can PM you.

I actually think your quite local to me as have seen your GC on the Kilcock - Enfield road, so good to say hello anyway!

Hello @GracieCali_IRE,

I am often amazed how small the world is. Yes, that could have be me, because I go to Enfield to Emo petrol station. I believe it is the cheapest petrol station around.

Regards,
Eberhard

You should be able to send me a message now as I took the plunge on the VIP membership, with the optimism our Cali will get here!

We had a nice 6 day trip to Scotland last week to put the van through her paces on her first trip out of Ireland. Frost and low temperatures were not a problem for the diesel heater. Never needed to go above 8 on it. Looking forward to getting back there again.

IMG_20220317_141202_edit_10040419614612.jpg

Back