Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fault on control panel

Monty6

Monty6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi. Our 2017 California has not been used for over a month. Just started it up. Control panel flashes clock and at bottom right, the G and the plug symbol are flashing alternatively. Driven it for 30 minutes in case battery was low. No change. Book says malfunction..get it checked. Would anyone have an idea what is wrong, please. Off to Scotland on Wednesday, hopefully..)Will have to ring dealer on Tuesday).

Hi. Having done some Googling, I found someone else has this issue. So, I reset the control panel, was able to reset the clock and open the roof. Immediate panic now over. Just wondering what would have set this off and should I get it checked out anyway. Any ideas are most welcome, thanks.

Maybe the leisure batteries have dropped too low in voltage, causing the problem. But as it doesn't reset by itself, the fault stayed there?

Just keep an eye on the panel in case it would return, but I doubt it.
And of course, as from the T6, the leisure batteries are not charged fully anymore while driving, so definately get the van on hookup while not driving it for a long time.

Maybe the leisure batteries have dropped too low in voltage, causing the problem. But as it doesn't reset by itself, the fault stayed there?

Just keep an eye on the panel in case it would return, but I doubt it.
And of course, as from the T6, the leisure batteries are not charged fully anymore while driving, so definately get the van on hookup while not driving it for a long time.
Thanks for that reassurance. I have hooked up now.

Back