Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Feel like a ‘proper’ owner now

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Took the Cali for its 1st service this morning.
No problem with the actual servicing of the vehicle but not impressed overall.
Couldn't wait in the showroom due to Covid which we fully understood and knew in advance so went in 2 cars. We were told the service would take one hour, we dropped it off in advance of our 8.30 appointment, went for a walk, came back at 9.50 and sat outside, didn’t get the van back until 1035 which was 2 hours not one.

Took the Cali for its 1st service this morning.
No problem with the actual servicing of the vehicle but not impressed overall.
Couldn't wait in the showroom due to Covid which we fully understood and knew in advance so went in 2 cars. We were told the service would take one hour, we dropped it off in advance of our 8.30 appointment, went for a walk, came back at 9.50 and sat outside, didn’t get the van back until 1035 which was 2 hours not one.
Liverpool cvw??

Liverpool cvw?
Yes, our preference is to use Llandudno where we purchased from, we had originally gone to Liverpool but had a really poor experience so voted with our feet.
Obviously we couldn’t use Llandudno because of Wales being closed, so we thought we would give Liverpool a second chance.
When we originally phoned to make the booking we were told we would get a call back, we had to phone them three times and it took them 48 hours before they finally phoned us back, apparently we had slipped through the net.
Then today, the, we will be done in an hour turned into just over 2 hours, without any call to say there was a delay.
Toyota can teach these guys so much about customer service!

2hrs isn’t bad for a main dealer wait...
Took mine last Friday for its last service at a main dealership before the warranty expires next month. Why it takes 15-20mins to book the vehicle in, I have no idea. Booked in for 8am, left at nearly 11:30.
Staff nice enough, but the entire process is otherwise, I would consider painfully.
Going to my local garage round the corner going forward...

I use VW Liverpool and cannot fault them. They have serviced my Cali throughout my ownership and have only had good experiences. Most recent service was 2 weeks ago which was absolutely fine in spite of the current lockdown.

2hrs isn’t bad for a main dealer wait...
Took mine last Friday for its last service at a main dealership before the warranty expires next month. Why it takes 15-20mins to book the vehicle in, I have no idea. Booked in for 8am, left at nearly 11:30.
Staff nice enough, but the entire process is otherwise, I would consider painfully.
Going to my local garage round the corner going forward...
It may be the norm at VW but absolutely isn’t at the Toyota dealership we’ve been going to for 30+ years, they are spot on.

I use VW Liverpool and cannot fault them. They have serviced my Cali throughout my ownership and have only had good experiences. Most recent service was 2 weeks ago which was absolutely fine in spite of the current lockdown.
We did say the ‘actual physical service‘ was fine. It was the the fact it took double the amount of time they stated, they never contacted us to tell us there was a delay so we ended up sitting outside for an hour, no apology when we collected the keys, poor.

An apology goes a long way and costs nothing to the dealership, why they can’t just be open and honest and apologies for the issue (whatever that is ) is beyond me

More than possible that the person who booked it in by phone wasn't on the Service Desk, perhaps they mightn't have known that an hour was estimated. Like most businesses they too will be in some degree of turmoil rebooting after the lockdown, so a little empathy wouldn't go amiss either.

In the long-run it helps to factor-in a margin for minor disappointments when dealing with VW Commercial Service - it's not right, but it'll help offset increased stress.

so we ended up sitting outside for an hour,
9.50 - 10.35 is 45 mins

If i was disappointed every time someone said to me - yeah, it will be 2 minutes.
Then i would be disappointed ever day.

Cut the guys some slack, its corona time.

9.50 - 10.35 is 45 mins

If i was disappointed every time someone said to me - yeah, it will be 2 minutes.
Then i would be disappointed ever day.

Cut the guys some slack, its corona time.
No, if it’s going to take 2 hours that’s fine, but say 2 hours not don’t say one.

More than possible that the person who booked it in by phone wasn't on the Service Desk, perhaps they mightn't have known that an hour was estimated. Like most businesses they too will be in some degree of turmoil rebooting after the lockdown, so a little empathy wouldn't go amiss either.

In the long-run it helps to factor-in a margin for minor disappointments when dealing with VW Commercial Service - it's not right, but it'll help offset increased stress.
The person booking it in also told us 1 hour, it was an 8.30 am booking so first of the day for a simple minor service. They also said they would phone us when it was ready, which they didn’t.
We are not unreasonable people but this was a second poor experience at this dealership, there won’t be a third.

The person booking it in also told us 1 hour, it was an 8.30 am booking so first of the day for a simple minor service. They also said they would phone us when it was ready, which they didn’t.
We are not unreasonable people but this was a second poor experience at this dealership, there won’t be a third.
I had the same at bmw motorrad yesterday. Service manager said he'll update in 20 mins but didn't hear anything for 2 hrs. I was happy to wait though since the dealers are working with a reduced workforce.

You'll be happy with only a 1 hour delay soon if my experience of VW is anything to go by.
My last simple visit resulted in 2 weeks without the Cali, 2 trips to the dealer and a bonus new grill and bumper respray . I then received the van back after a super swirl courtesy brillo pad car wash....

I can't wait for my visit next week

I will book you in for 3 hours next time and make you happy :)
Do you work at Wiest?
To be honest, I've also been having a bit of frustration with VW in Germany. And it seems common knowledge that at VW bad service is the norm. Even with the Q7 I go to a mixed Audi-VW dealership for the services. Once it took them 3 hours to change summer to winter tires. Mind you swapping a set of wheel + tires , for a second complete set of tires already mounted on wheels. It would have taken me way less by doing it by myself with a manual jack and manual wrench!

Do you work at Wiest?
No, but i will be there tomorrow or friday depending.
KFC on the way out to Segmüller and im off.

Note- KFC is not very common in germany, so when you see it, you get it,
although i only get a twister. ;)

Note- KFC is not very common in germany, so when you

Note- KFC is not very common in germany, so when you see it, you get it,
although i only get a twister. ;)
I've got one KFC next to work in Frankfurt. Mind you I haven't been up there in Hessen since mid March. I've developed Zinger deficiency...

Back