Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Felix has arrived!

S

SimonMc

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
6D34DD5E-65AB-410D-8C8C-1737617ACD10.jpeg 082122BA-F9DD-4906-AE8E-920D9BEFEF34.jpeg 0848C55C-A4F3-4313-A85C-F13105576432.jpeg 1E2306CF-FB91-4548-9B23-17E0832B04C4.jpeg After ordering in March, we finally got to pick up Felix, our new T6 Ocean, from VW Preston on Monday. Blasted back up to the North East, then had a couple of nights getting settled in. This great weather helped, and yesterday we walked over 20 miles up and then back down the beach at Druridge Bay. A delicious lunch at the Fish Shack in Amble broke the day up nicely.

Although I’ve read the posts on this forum for years, it’s not until you get the van that the real questions arise. So, expect maybe the odd one or two from me . So far the only niggles are 1) where to best store each thing (expected!) and 2) the strap on the VW waterproof seat covers has got tangled under the drives seat (was warned about this in October when we hired similar, so forgotten but expected). I’m back home today so it will be a load of measuring up etc, and sorting out the seat cover strap.

This was meant to be a short post, but before I go, can I thank all of you who have posted such helpful tips on the forum and then any of you who have also posted videos on YouTube - it all made me feel like I knew what I was doing from the start.

Aren’t they fantastic vans?!!!!

Simon and Angela

Welcome you 2 great pictures. Enjoy your new cali

Fab. And I see you are "going commando" (no bellows bungee) - you devil-may-care, free spirited people! :D

Have a great summer with your new toy.

What great, happy photos. Sums up Cali ownership perfectly.
Welcome!

View attachment 35826 View attachment 35827 View attachment 35828 View attachment 35829 After ordering in March, we finally got to pick up Felix, our new T6 Ocean, from VW Preston on Monday. Blasted back up to the North East, then had a couple of nights getting settled in. This great weather helped, and yesterday we walked over 20 miles up and then back down the beach at Druridge Bay. A delicious lunch at the Fish Shack in Amble broke the day up nicely.

Although I’ve read the posts on this forum for years, it’s not until you get the van that the real questions arise. So, expect maybe the odd one or two from me . So far the only niggles are 1) where to best store each thing (expected!) and 2) the strap on the VW waterproof seat covers has got tangled under the drives seat (was warned about this in October when we hired similar, so forgotten but expected). I’m back home today so it will be a load of measuring up etc, and sorting out the seat cover strap.

This was meant to be a short post, but before I go, can I thank all of you who have posted such helpful tips on the forum and then any of you who have also posted videos on YouTube - it all made me feel like I knew what I was doing from the start.

Simon and Angela

Congratulations, let the good times roll.
Remember to wave :thumb

..message ends..

Welcome - enjoy it to bits, put stuff wherever you want to but- get the bellows bungee asap!

View attachment 35826 View attachment 35827 View attachment 35828 View attachment 35829 After ordering in March, we finally got to pick up Felix, our new T6 Ocean, from VW Preston on Monday. Blasted back up to the North East, then had a couple of nights getting settled in. This great weather helped, and yesterday we walked over 20 miles up and then back down the beach at Druridge Bay. A delicious lunch at the Fish Shack in Amble broke the day up nicely.

Simon and Angela
Im a new Cali owner too so I know what you mean about storage! I found a fab blog with all the measurements of the different cupboards in and a packing list too. It’s saved me loads of time and also helped as I walked around IKEA! I’ll see if I can find it....

Im a new Cali owner too so I know what you mean about storage! I found a fab blog with all the measurements of the different cupboards in and a packing list too. It’s saved me loads of time and also helped as I walked around IKEA! I’ll see if I can find it....

https://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/10/22/vw-california-where-do-you-store-your-gear/

https://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/06/04/what-do-you-take-in-your-camper-van/

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome you three!
This post could also be in the „happy cheery cali thread“

:welcome
Im excited for you. Congrats, great looking van!!!!!!!!!! Be great to hear about your adventures and newbie hints and tips for when mine gets delivered in Sept!!!! :pinkbanana

Congrats on the arrival. I picked mine up last weekend and have found the forum such great help!

Congrats on the arrival. I picked mine up last weekend and have found the forum such great help!
Lovely looking Cali Richard!!!! Ooo,.must be amazing having a cali in this weather, im going to miss all this with a sept dlivery!

Lovely looking Cali Richard!!!! Ooo,.must be amazing having a cali in this weather, im going to miss all this with a sept dlivery!

I had apprehensions at first thinking had I done the right thing going from a car to a van but the minute I picked it up and started playing with it I was in heaven. So happy I made the swap now!

Fab. And I see you are "going commando" (no bellows bungee) - you devil-may-care, free spirited people! :D

Have a great summer with your new toy.
You’ll be relieved that the bungee is now fitted :thumb

Welcome to the club, enjoy :bananadance2