Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ferry to Spain - any discounts available ?

G

gatvol

We are off to Spain again and are just wondering whether anyone has wisdom they might share about securing discounts, getting voucher codes etc ?

Brittany Ferries has a travel club which costs over £100 pa and this may make sense for regular visitors, but we go once a year max

Thanks

BF very rarely discount their fares as they don't need to. The only discount I do know of is if you book via Caravan Club. Also book as early as you can for the best price.

The only other tip which we normally do is combine your booking with a one night stay in one of their hotels as for some strange reason it sometimes works out cheaper.

LD lines from Poole to Santander 1-way this August was £450 all in...
No discount codes. Never used this route, but peeps do say its basic but ok. Certainly cheaper than Brittany Ferries.....

I was looking the other day Plymouth - santander and santander - Portsmouth return. Was about £960 return.
Rang caravan club they could do -£160 on that but had to be same route both ways and do 7 nights on cc sites once over there to get the discount.
Even the 3 night hotel break deal didn't help.

my wife and i travel twice a year from Portugal to Santander / Bilbao ferry to Portsmouth/ Plymouth with brittany ferries we are members of club voyage and receive a 30% discount and free complimentary breakfasts to value of 7.99 pounds.but just for a one off crossing joining fee ect would not be beneficial.also dfs has started servisse from poole harbour to Santander/gijon have been told cheaper but have not tried, kind regards RUPEE :hello

RUPEE said:
my wife and i travel twice a year from Portugal to Santander / Bilbao ferry to Portsmouth/ Plymouth with brittany ferries we are members of club voyage and receive a 30% discount and free complimentary breakfasts to value of 7.99 pounds.but just for a one off crossing joining fee ect would not be beneficial.also dfs has started servisse from poole harbour to Santander/gijon have been told cheaper but have not tried, kind regards RUPEE :hello
Must take ages to get there on a sofa:D

Hi there

We got some discount through the AA, RAC also do similar but you have to be a member of either.

Drive through France, stop at Cognac for the night. make it part of the hol

calicasas said:
LD lines from Poole to Santander 1-way this August was £450 all in...
No discount codes. Never used this route, but peeps do say its basic but ok. Certainly cheaper than Brittany Ferries.....

Yep, definitely good value. We paid £276 back from Santander to Poole a month ago. Loads cheaper than BF.

Thanks for suggestions.

LD lines is currently reviewing its Poole to Santander service from Sep 2014 onwards, so unable to book beyond then as of now.

A shame as a bit of competition would have helped here.

gatvol said:
Thanks for suggestions.

LD lines is currently reviewing its Poole to Santander service from Sep 2014 onwards, so unable to book beyond then as of now.

A shame as a bit of competition would have helped here.

They have also just pulled out of Portsmouth to Le Harve aswell and Brittany Ferries are also having a big price hike next year