Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma California Awning?

B

bobcat

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Has anybody experience of the Fiamma F45 awning for the Cali? We are looking to retro-fit an awning, and have been quoted £800ish for the VW/Thule kit and £400ish for the Fiamma, including Cali specific brackets. That is quite a difference! The Fiamma is now listed in black as well.

Like many others we are tempted to stay OEM, but that is a big premium. Hence the question, is there anything wrong with the F45?

Robert

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When we were looking at drive away awnings we chose the vango kela and apparently on the fiamma 45 there is a channel you can slide the awning into. We have the VW awning and have to trap figure of 8 strips in the wind out awning to get the drive away to connect.

So the Fiamma may actually be a better choice if you will also use a drive away.

But this is only what we heard, so please check with other folks.

Personally I think the Fiamma awning on the Cali looks really crap, makes it look like a van conversion.

Bramco said:
When we were looking at drive away awnings we chose the vango kela and apparently on the fiamma 45 there is a channel you can slide the awning into. We have the VW awning and have to trap figure of 8 strips in the wind out awning to get the drive away to connect.

So the Fiamma may actually be a better choice if you will also use a drive away.

But this is only what we heard, so please check with other folks.
The vw oem awning also has a channel under the flap to attach a drive away to it.
Although by all accounts doing it the way you do it could be preferable so that the sliding door doesn't foul the figure of 8 strip (haven't tried it that way myself).
TBH we never attach our drive away to the cali anymore as it blocks the view out of the windows and generally makes for a dark and breeze free environment which we don't like