Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting a Fiamma privacy Room

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I've obtained a Fiamma F45 260 VW T5 privacy room from a friend who never fitted it. Has anyone fitted one to a cali awning?

Problem is the mountings in a Omnistor 5102 (which I understand is the standard cali awning) are different to those in a Fiamma F45 which is what the room appears to be designed for, Ive been given a selection of fitting kits but none of them are quite right. Has anyone got details of what fittings to use?

Having seen one of these rooms put up a while back in the space of 5 mins, it formed a much more rigid structure than the comfort offering & could be good for quick overnight stops where the extra space is needed.

If it doesn't work out to be possible to fit a fiamma room to a Omnistor awning, am I correct in saying that the early T5 Cali's (like the one I'm evaluating) had a Fiamma as Original Equipment?

If so, generous donations accepted :)

I've obtained a Fiamma F45 260 VW T5 privacy room from a friend who never fitted it. Has anyone fitted one to a cali awning?

Problem is the mountings in a Omnistor 5102 (which I understand is the standard cali awning) are different to those in a Fiamma F45 which is what the room appears to be designed for, Ive been given a selection of fitting kits but none of them are quite right. Has anyone got details of what fittings to use?

Having seen one of these rooms put up a while back in the space of 5 mins, it formed a much more rigid structure than the comfort offering & could be good for quick overnight stops where the extra space is needed.
Have you tried watching this http://www.fiamma.com/EN/service/video/installation/?video_ID=75&page=1

Yes thanks - Ive seen the video, its the "blocks" that are screwed into the awning casing that are wrong, the channel that they clip into looks to be about an inch smaller height wise on the omnistore so what I am looking for are some smaller blocks if such a thing exists.

T4WFA you are correct I believe, these rooms are now collectors items & going up in value by the hour! on the other hand the Fiamma awning fitted to your van will by now be obsolete so if you would like to remove it I am quite happy to collect & dispose of it for you :thumb

Yes thanks - Ive seen the video, its the "blocks" that are screwed into the awning casing that are wrong, the channel that they clip into looks to be about an inch smaller height wise on the omnistore so what I am looking for are some smaller blocks if such a thing exists.

T4WFA you are correct I believe, these rooms are now collectors items & going up in value by the hour! on the other hand the Fiamma awning fitted to your van will by now be obsolete so if you would like to remove it I am quite happy to collect & dispose of it for you :thumb

Hi Andy

Did you manage to solve this?

I have recently purchased the Privacy Room and had a practice run yesterday, only to come across the similar problems.

I have the correct fittings for the awning casing and can provide a photo if required. (You are right that the blocks cannot be used on the Omnistor).

The problem I have is at the other (legs) end of the awning, as the privacy room side bars have no anchor point. The part (98655-549 & 550) which provides this anchor point on the Fiamma awning is not used on the Omnistor.

These parts can be purchased separately, so I may well be able to adapt to fit. I will also contact Fiamma directly and see if there is a manufacturers part that can be provided.

Crangster

No I've not resolved it on mine. I would be interested to see what you've used at the casing end with a part number if you've got it.

I've got various fitting blocks from fiamma including 98655-311 which is described as kit blocker O to allow the installation of the fiamma blocker to the omnistore 5002 awnings which I was hoping I could adapt but its totally the wrong shape.

Crangster

No I've not resolved it on mine. I would be interested to see what you've used at the casing end with a part number if you've got it.

I've got various fitting blocks from fiamma including 98655-311 which is described as kit blocker O to allow the installation of the fiamma blocker to the omnistore 5002 awnings which I was hoping I could adapt but its totally the wrong shape.

Here you go Andy

You can see the part in top left of extract from instructions. It slides into end of Fast Clip side sections and sits on the hinge/shock absorber housing (B).
image.jpg

Thanks, I've got a pair of them, I will have to dig out the different bits I've tried for the other end & see if I can make something work.

I also had to move one of the arms on the awning as it wasn't close enough to the end of the casing for the Fast Clip section to sit on top of it. Undo bolt on hinge/shock absorber end and allen key at leg end and slide both ends to correct position.