Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fill-up hose

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm looking at the 7.5m blue fill-up hose in the shop. Does anyone have this one?
I'd love to know how small it packs down.
(Six years on from being the OP of hosegate I'm still considering my options!).

I'm looking at the 7.5m blue fill-up hose in the shop. Does anyone have this one?
Think we bought this. We also bought various size/type tap fittings to cater for different scenarios.

I bought one from a (close your eyes and ears) a caravan shop. Same hose I think but came on a plastic real. We leave it in the underwear drawer.

Classic non proof reading effort there!

I have used the space between the gas locker/water tank and bottom plate of the rear cupboard to store my fill up hose, shower attachment (sink tap) tap adapters and adjustable gas spanner.

Works for me :thumb (Or underwear storage optional)

F4D2222D-8B4D-4126-9114-EB29A86A9654.jpeg

I found a flat hose on a reel, saves some space and goes in a small bag

My blue hose is slightly smaller and smuggles in with the chairs in the boot in a poly bag.

We bought a hose which winds up flat when we first had our van. In 6 years We’ve used it once. I find it easier to top up with 2 litre bottles.

consider getting an expandable one - they pack down really small into their own bag and come in various lengths. i think i got mine from amazon

Consider getting an expandable one - they pack down really small into their own bag and come in various lengths. i think i got mine from amazon

Personally I don’t see the point in having a hose, except at home possibly. If on a campsite the likelihood of being within a hose length of a drinking water tap is remote and having to move the van just to fill up with water, not on for me.
I just use a collapsible Brandrup water carrier. Fits on top of the gas locker and has other uses as well.

Personally I don’t see the point in having a hose, except at home possibly. If on a campsite the likelihood of being within a hose length of a drinking water tap is remote and having to move the van just to fill up with water, not on for me.
I just use a collapsible Brandrup water carrier. Fits on top of the gas locker and has other uses as well.
I guess it depends on how you do your camping. If I am out and about during the day I dont find it a problem to stop by the tap on the way back in, or before I get settled if I am moving onto a new site. I only seem to need to top up every 3 or 4 days in any case.

Bought a blue one with a big nozzle that can
be offered up to any tap 12 yrs ago, its still in the
packet, never needed it.

My thoughts were that a hose would save some space compared to my Big-Boy Brandrup bottle. Replacing the Big-Boy with a smaller bottle for the odd top-up when the hose option is not convenient would be a good compromise.

An expandable fill-up hose might be the cherry on top!

Thanks for your responses everyone. Like the hose-storage / bottle storage in with the chairs too. Anything too heavy in there causes problems with easy door operation.

My thoughts were that a hose would save some space compared to my Big-Boy Brandrup bottle. Replacing the Big-Boy with a smaller bottle for the odd top-up when the hose option is not convenient would be a good compromise.

An expandable fill-up hose might be the cherry on top!

Thanks for your responses everyone. Like the hose-storage / bottle storage in with the chairs too. Anything too heavy in there causes problems with easy door operation.
Store them behind the Table in the sliding door.

Back